Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

how many north american fiesta st sold?

Sinn

Long time lurker, first time poster. Was hoping this thread lead to some numbers but nope lol.

Gave it a go asking ChatGPT and got an expected response with no real help from AI as expected.

ChatGPT.png

lol, that post was from four years ago.

to contribute, I had asked the ford website service rep for information that they supposedly can provide, like build dates and the like, but they never got back to me. Seems to be the standard line when asking Ford for production details about our cars.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
lol, that post was from four years ago.

to contribute, I had asked the ford website service rep for information that they supposedly can provide, like build dates and the like, but they never got back to me. Seems to be the standard line when asking Ford for production details about our cars.
someone bumped the thread so I responded as currently his viewpoint pretty much is not holding water:ROFLMAO: Oh and I decided to delete it as it would really chap his hide:ROFLMAO:

Ford averaged about 30-35k total for our cars. Actually more likely closer to 25k and ya they are getting wrecked on a regular basis now and insurance companies are totaling them out at astonishing numbers.

My Orange Spice car came very close to not existing anymore .
Only reason it survived is because it only had 26k on it and it still smelled like a new car on the interior and all my parts on it. It was rebuildable but a lot of people would have just let it go due to the B pillar being taken out.

It drove fine still though, Insurance literally offered me $23,600 for it outright. That was 4k over what I paid new for it. I took $21,300 and just smiled and kept it spent $8500 to rebuild it. It looks great drives like it always has and well I am in it now for dirt. Though ya prices on the cars are now dropping like stones.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Why? 🤔 A FiST is not exactly a Corvair; and aren't high-powered RWD either.
Not sure I just have noticed how many people post on the Facebook group their cars getting hit. I think a lot are getting hit because people don’t see them. Small car syndrome. They just don ‘t look . If you are driving a pickup,suv or van they see you but in these little eggs they quite often don’t for some reason. I know the girl that pulled out in front of me causing my Orange Spice to get totaled was not looking.

Also people overdrive them and go off the road . lol Someone drove one of the Angeles Forest highway a couple weeks back for example. Same thing happened with 240z‘s back in the day people crashed them all over the place just driving too fast for their ability to drive.
Hell it happened with 240sx’s after the Fast and Furious all these Honda kids went out bought 240sx’s and then crashed because dorifto.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Both my prior car and motorcycle didn't have ABS or any electronic nannies. I wonder whether all the nannies in our current vehicles are making us poorer drivers....

Intuit

3000 Post Club
A nannie might've saved me from getting rear-ended at 65MPH on my motorcycle this past December. Someone also cut over into my lane as if I wasn't there in the FiST earlier today.

For inattentive drivers they help. What I'm referring specifically to, is DPro's comment about people over-driving a FiST off the road. I wonder whether the nannies cutting in the way they do, inspire an overconfidence, sloppiness. Under stock configuration with appropriate tire pressures, these are among the easiest of vehicles to wheel. The suspension provides a lot of feedback. The way it handles they're forgiving, allowing time to correct without the kind of drama that leads to over-correcting.

A nannie might've saved me from getting rear-ended at 65MPH on my motorcycle this past December. Someone also cut over into my lane as if I wasn't there in the FiST earlier today.

For inattentive drivers they help. What I'm referring specifically to, is DPro's comment about people over-driving a FiST off the road. I wonder whether the nannies cutting in the way they do, inspire an overconfidence, sloppiness. Under stock configuration with appropriate tire pressures, these are among the easiest of vehicles to wheel. The suspension provides a lot of feedback. The way it handles they're forgiving, allowing time to correct without the kind of drama that leads to over-correcting.
The overdriving is real. Kids post on Reddit when the wreck - lift off oversteer seems to get many. It is slippery, and they panic with the oversteer and brake rather than going to the gas. That, and trucks/SUVs…lots of collisions and inattentive drivers.
As for numbers, I heard 30-40k. But that’s just another unconfirmed guess among others