Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many of you drive your fist in winter?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The early FiSTs didn't have much fluid in the tranny. When I drained mine, it had 1.8 qts. More than the earlier models.
The FiST gets the same tranny as the FoST, but it has a smaller housing. No one really knows how much fluid it should have, but 2 liters of that stuff works great. Meets all the Ford specs, and it's synthetic.
Just do it. Your tranny will thank you.
It is a definite upgrade from the factory installed DCT fluid, as are all of the other high grade MTFs out there (BG, Castrol, Red Line, etc.).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'll drive it in the winter but not as much, my DD is a Tundra. Tundra has remote start, Fiesta doesn't, and I'm soft and hate being cold....is usually what it comes down to.

When there's snow on the roads, I'll take the Tundra every time because clearance. When its clear but ice it'll be 50/50 - Fiesta has studded hakkepalitta's so handles those conditions just fine, but still...cold.

And just in general I try to drive the Tundra to avoid miling out the already high mileage Fiesta. It's at 150,000km and that makes me a bit paranoid.
Studded Hakkas will get you up ice walls, as long as the car does not get high centered on any snow piles. [wink] [thumb]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Another vote here for studded Hakkas- I daily my FiST year round, and they are great tires. I used to swap out the coils, but that was a pain so I just leave them on all year now.
It has been an interesting winter.
Do you hit the coil over treaded collars/lock rings with Fluid Film or such?

Small businesses don't buy FiSTs, so it follows that the PO just didn't drive it much because other car(s).
As the exception that proves the rule, there’s a small auto parts store down the road here in Indy which has two fists and a FoST in their fleet. Always wanted to snag a picture, but never did, and now they’ve switched to Ford transits - makes a lot more sense…

Been daily driving a Fiesta ST year round in New England (2 states North of you) since 2015.

I love it,
but snow tires are well worth the money, to make sure to get to work and home no matter what.
A decent set of snow tires makes the summer tires last that much longer, and cost about the same as an insurance deductible,
so avoiding one fender bender more than pays for them.

BFG Comp 2 A/S 205ZR45-17's in the summer, on stock wheels
General Altimax Arctic 195/60R15 from first real snow (November or December) till April 1st,
on 5/10 spoke 2004 Focus 15" wheels.

Work commute is around 100 miles a day round trip to construction sites,
which means mostly street parking, and sometimes dealing with snow banks to get a parking spot.

Other than turning the stock FMIC into a frowny face by mistaking an ice bank for a snow bank in the 2nd or 3rd year of owning it
(completely my fault),
winter driving in it has been great.

The engine in the first one went out at 116k miles, so I've been running the same snow tires on FIST#2 in the mean time.
(engine swap on FIST#1 temporarily on hold/medical issue)

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
If it is anything like other small cars that I have driven in the winter, I imagine this car will be a blast in the snow.
With snow tires of course.
I'm running Firehawk Indy 500 summer tires currently. But, while sliding around in the rain, using the clutch to recover from a front wheel slide, it reminds me of my other cars in the snow.
I'm actually looking fwd to driving this thing in the snow w/ blizzaks or the like.