Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How much faster is a s280 build vs stage 2

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Man. This thread more than most others really makes me want a S280. But then there’s the other thread about smogging with the turbo in CA. @Dpro I think I might let you Guinea pig the smog process before I decide what to do turbo-wise 😬😜
Not in Cali myself but if that smog thing is that good at spotting an aftermarket turbo I'd grab a whoosh hybrid, they'd never spot that especially without the colored cerakote.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Man. This thread more than most others really makes me want a S280. But then there’s the other thread about smogging with the turbo in CA. @Dpro I think I might let you Guinea pig the smog process before I decide what to do turbo-wise 😬😜
Ah you are gonna have to wait another 31/2 years for that. :LOL: seeing as my car was registered new in July 2018. Though I can take you for a spin to show you what your missing:LOL:😜

Ah you are gonna have to wait another 31/2 years for that. :LOL: seeing as my car was registered new in July 2018. Though I can take you for a spin to show you what your missing:LOL:😜
Ah damn!! Some reason I thought yours was a '16. Apparently I cant read your signature.

Not in Cali myself but if that smog thing is that good at spotting an aftermarket turbo I'd grab a whoosh hybrid, they'd never spot that especially without the colored cerakote.
For a while I was set on going Whoosh hybrid for that very reason but all reports of the S280 are that it's just such a phenomenal turbo and it really give the car whats it missing which is being able to hold boost in the upper revs.

The visual inspection is a hit or miss kinda thing here. As others have said, it really just depends on how thorough the inspector is, and how obvious it is that the turbo is aftermarket. And if you have nice quiet stock exhaust, that shouldnt set off any early warning bells to the inspector.

My concern is the tune.

lol You know my car is an Orange Spice. They did not make Orange Spice in 16. With that said I am considering wrapping it Metallic Blue!
I was not aware our shared color started in '17. Ha.

I know a guy who does wrap, but he' expensive and he's up my way in Ventura Country which would be quite a drive for you. American Wrap Co. If you want to look him up. He's a legit car guy and has an M2 that he tracks frequently.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I was not aware our shared color started in '17. Ha.

I know a guy who does wrap, but he' expensive and he's up my way in Ventura Country which would be quite a drive for you. American Wrap Co. If you want to look him up. He's a legit car guy and has an M2 that he tracks frequently.
How expensive is expensive that can be a relative statement.:LOL: Especially considering how much paint jobs cost these days.

How expensive is expensive that can be a relative statement.:LOL: Especially considering how much paint jobs cost these days.
I actually don’t know the cost on a full exterior wrap. But my brother had him do tint on his Caddy (2018 CTS-V) including windshield and it was $900. I didn’t have my windshield tinted and I think it would have added like $150-$200 but tint for my car was like $150 sooooooo

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I actually don’t know the cost on a full exterior wrap. But my brother had him do tint on his Caddy (2018 CTS-V) including windshield and it was $900. I didn’t have my windshield tinted and I think it would have added like $150-$200 but tint for my car was like $150 sooooooo
$150 for a tint job is not bad Caddy has lots of glass due to size!

$150 for a tint job is not bad Caddy has lots of glass due to size!
Sorry, I was not clear. I had someone else do tint on my car. So that $150 cost was not from the wrap guy. Yes the Caddy is a larger vehicle (what isn't bigger than a Fiesta?!) but not $750 larger, IMHO. Or I guess not not $550 larger if me having my windshield done would have increased my cost by $200 for a more apples to apples comparison.

Last edited: