Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How much should I pay to have my cat-back professionally installed??

How much should I pay to have my cat-back professionally installed?? What is a reasonable price to pay? I do not want to try and install it myself.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I pay $75 cash for cutting of the stock exhaust and install of the fswerks one. It will vary from shop to shop but I say no more then 1 hour of labor. Tell them its an bolt-on affair and try to negotiate a cash price!

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Shouldn't cost much. It's a 30 min install if the professional has all of the tools required...which they should. Your probably looking at a hour of labor charge. Anymore than that an they are ripping you off.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
$50-75 is a fair amount.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I feel like around me most shops would charge $75min but closer to a $100. I think $50-$75 is fair. With as clean and new as our cars are after the cut the stock one should come right off.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I think I paid about $30-40 to do a cat-back on my 2011 Fiesta, which mounts the same as the ST exhaust. Installing is super easy, the only hard part is cutting off the old system. I also worried about rusted bolts at the cat, so I took it to a shop in case they needed to heat up the fasteners. I soaked them down with PB Blast about a week before the appointment. I was in and out of the shop in under 30 minutes. The install guy said it was the easiest cat-back systems he had ever installed. The price was cheap enough that I would have them do my ST exhaust, whenever I decide to do it.

FistSt215

Paid about 80 on my si and speed 3 but that's because I knew the owner of the shop. It depends usually 75-100 most places . Most I've ever paid was 160 on my srt4 but that was full turbo back exhaust installed .

C. love

Paid about 80 on my si and speed 3 but that's because I knew the owner of the shop. It depends usually 75-100 most places . Most I've ever paid was 160 on my srt4 but that was full turbo back exhaust installed .
Zero! Buy some tools and learn how to do it. It may just be me but even at times I had to lay on a gravel alley way I would do stuff like this myself. A cat back should be a bolt on affair. It might be a slight pain in the ass due to its length but thats what you have friends for.

CanadianST

It is incredibly easy to do. Just jack up the car, throw 2 or more jack stands under it (had 4 holding up my car when i did the turbo back) unbolt the old exhaust (literally a handful of bolt) cut it around the axle so you can pull it out, then bolt the new one in. It's not rocket surgery and should take no more then 30 minutes, then use that money you saved to buy more parts! [wrenchin]

I cut off my old exhaust with a dremel with a few 1" cutoff wheels, jacked it on 4 jack stands, and with a ratchet and sockets put my new one on. Super simple man. Spend that money on Tools, food, and gas.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I paid $80 to have the oe cbe removed and 2jr installed. $70 to have the 2jr removed and Magnaflow installed. Whatever you do stay far away from Meineke...two different places wanted $150. Choose a place where they let you observe so you know they installed it right and the tips adjusted to your liking.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Not everyone has the luxury of having a garage or driveway to do their own installs.

My local muffler shop just quoted me $150. Screw it, I'll do it myself.