Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How much timing do you run on stock turbo e30

Stkid93

Premium Account
I’m new to the fist platform and I’m wondering how much timing you run on your e30 tune with stock turbo?

at the upper rpm range I run about 15 degrees. I don’t know if that’s good or bad for a e30 protune. I have stock front mount by the way if that helps

I’m not on stock turbo, but 15 is pretty advanced. The question is …. is it showing knock or otherwise pulling timing as you advance into upper RPMs?

Im on S280, and I’ve had three different tuners. The last couple have kept timing around 11* at the rev limit. But, it’s a track car that sees WOT to rev limit 100 times a day; you have to be more conservative there.

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
So it turns out I was not revving it to redline I actually see 17.5 degrees at redline on the stock turbo. It always adds timing my car has not pulled timing once since I got it

What boost level are you seeing at 17*?

A “safe“ tune generally has boost and timing somewhat inversely proportional. Basically, more boost means running less timing, and more timing means less boost.

That’s over simplifying, and I am not a tuner, but that would probably explain why you have so much more timing, being you are on a stock turbo.

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
Stock turbo e30 so I’m seeing 26 lbs max and drops toward redline. I’m at around 14-15 degrees at 4-5k and it goes up to 17.5 at redline which is mbt on these cars. From what I understand we can’t really go further than that.