Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How to Disassemble Tail lights?

Has anyone taken apart a set of rear Fiesta tail lights? Anyone have a good technique to remove the outer lenses?

I see no bolts and can't tell if there is silicone that can be heated up to pry it open or if it's plastic welded together and a no go to open up without cracking plastic.

Any how to links would be great.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Has anyone taken apart a set of rear Fiesta tail lights? Anyone have a good technique to remove the outer lenses?

I see no bolts and can't tell if there is silicone that can be heated up to pry it open or if it's plastic welded together and a no go to open up without cracking plastic.

Any how to links would be great.
Why? Retrofitting

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Dude you take the taillights out to change the bulbs.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I think OP is attempting to disassemble the entire taillight assembly to do something to the inside of the housing. not just change out the bulb itself.

maybe paint the chrome bits a different color?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I think OP is attempting to disassemble the entire taillight assembly to do something to the inside of the housing. not just change out the bulb itself.

maybe paint the chrome bits a different color?
You're right, I read that wrong. My bad.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Holy shit you posted AGAIN without reading the OP lol.
Apparently my brain is following my body in getting old before its time. I haven't been the same since I got cancer but thanks for pointing it out about the brain.

OP
S
Thread Starter #11
Sorry for the late reply. I wanted to know if an exterior lenses 'Transplant' was possible between two sets of tailights.

Recently picked up Euro taillights from two separate sellers and noticed they BOTH had tiny hairline stress cracks in the exterior lenses after installing most likely from shipping to US from UK. So far they are small and was looking for options to repair without ordering new units since the way they are shipped is what I believe caused the damage.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will wait to see if it gets worse before cutting into them