Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

How To: Focus RS Dash Cam Installation

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Just did a dash cam installation on my Focus RS. Wanted to share my procedure in case others are interested in installing the dash-cam on their Focus RS. You can use the same procedure to hard wire your radar detector

My Dash Cam Kit:
Purchased from Amazon.

Tools Needed:
Two mini fuse tap

Wire strippers

Vinyl panel removal tools

Ratchet with 8mm socket

Step 1
Layout the wires to your Power Magic box, Yellow = 12v constant, Red = Remote/Accessory, Black = Ground. Install both fuse taps to the Red and Yellow wires.

Step 2
Locate the fuse box below the passenger glove compartment.

Step 3
Install the wires to the fuse box. Fuse #87 for Remote/Accessory (Heated Steering Wheel) and Fuse #88 for 12v constant. I used a 10amp fuse for both.

For the ground wire, use the 8mm socket to remove the bolt to mount the wire.

Step 4
Pop open the passenger A-Pillar and pull back the weather stripping.

Step 5
Run both wires from the mirror back to the fuse box and rear camera. 1 wire should be for the rear camera and the other should be for the power.

Step 6
Run the power wire down the a-pillar and towards the fuse box.

Step 7
Run the rear camera wire towards the rear of the car. You can tuck the wire inside the headliner.

Step 8
Pull back the rear weather stripping and run the wire along the rear headliner towards the center of the car.

Step 9
Pop open the center panel on the tailgate so that you can run the wire behind the panel.

Step 10
Use the provided cable clips to secure the wire and install the rear camera.

Step 11
Use the vinyl tool to tuck in the wires after installing the front camera.