Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

How To - Focus RS Lowering Spring Installation

LonestarRS

Steps on how to install lowering springs on the Focus RS. I ended up getting the Eibach Pro kit but these steps can be used on any types of springs and coilovers. I was very fortunate enough to have some great friends at a local car repair shop to assist with my installation.

1. Remove the windshield wipers.

2. Remove the cowl.

3. Disconnect the suspension wire (Both sides).

4. Removing brake calipers, brake wire and sheild.

5. Removing wheel hub.

6. Removing the strut assembly (3 bolts on each side).

7. Removing the front spring.

8. Removing the rear spring.

Before

After

I'm not going to lie, but the front looks like a real pain in the ass to do. I'm taking it to a local shop on Wednesday and I'll be sure to print this out for them. I just hope they put everything back together šŸ˜

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
LonestarRS

LonestarRS

Thread Starter #5
I'm not going to lie, but the front looks like a real pain in the ass to do. I'm taking it to a local shop on Wednesday and I'll be sure to print this out for them. I just hope they put everything back together ??????

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
The front was a pain, simply because you had to loosen a lot of parts and the cable for the adjustable dampers was tough to remove. The rear on the other hand was super easy.

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Great write up [thumb]

I may have missed it, but how much did the kit lower your car?

Last edited:
OP
LonestarRS

LonestarRS

Thread Starter #9
I meant how much lower are the springs? A full inch?
haha I feel like an idiot for not clearly ready your original question. The kit specifies that it lowers your car about .75 inch, however I've gotten close to an inch drop. It's still a perfect drop as it provides enough ground clearance and I've never once experience any rubbing issues.

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
haha I feel like an idiot for not clearly ready your original question. The kit specifies that it lowers your car about .75 inch, however I've gotten close to an inch drop. It's still a perfect drop as it provides enough ground clearance and I've never once experience any rubbing issues.
I figured it was .75-1 inch. Looks good.
Are you worried about it messing up the drive modes/dampening?

OP
LonestarRS

LonestarRS

Thread Starter #11
I figured it was .75-1 inch. Looks good.
Are you worried about it messing up the drive modes/dampening?
It still retains all the adjustable suspension modes and I haven't experienced any issues or side effects.

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
It still retains all the adjustable suspension modes and I haven't experienced any issues or side effects.
Cool. Good to know. I've seen a lot of suspension mods going on and wondered if anyone was experiencing issues.

OP
LonestarRS

LonestarRS

Thread Starter #13
I normally go with coilovers whenever I lower my car, however with the adjustable suspension you'll lose those features coilovers.

Cool. Good to know. I've seen a lot of suspension meds going on and wondered if anyone was experiencing issues.

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
I normally go with coilovers whenever I lower my car, however with the adjustable suspension you'll lose those features coilovers.
I figured full coilers would kill the adjustability.
whether I want to lower the car or not I cannot- my driveway just doesn't allow it.