Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How-To: Remove rear mounted Antenna from the roof

HaveBlue83

I got my roof wrapped today, and I had to remove the rear antenna. I took some pics and I figured it might help people out that need to remove it down the road.

what you need:
-10mm wrench/socket and ratchet
-time and patience
-needle-nosed pliers
-trim removal tool if available

Step one:
remove the interior light assy. pop it out from the rear and hinge it down and out, and unplug.

Step two:
remove the rear two headliner trim pop screws and pull up the weatherstripping. (trim tool, OR use needle-nose pliers and wiggle it side to side) this will give you the ability to move the headliner down to get your arms in there. it is VERY forgiving. I was scared to hurt it but I have no creases or damage :). I could push it down about 3-4" just fine. here is what you will see.....a whole lot of nothing.

Step three:
unbolt the antenna bolt. use a 10mm ratchet or wrench and reach up in and remove it.

Step 4:
remove the shiny special clip with pliers. it will fly off and you can grab it from the back of the hatch headliner easily if you miss catching it. (see step 6 for pics of bolt and special clip).

Step 5:
unplug the TWO connectors. one is a two pin, one is a single pin. THIS PART IS FUN :). I ended up pulling the connectors off the metal tabs first, then unplugging. use the force luke.....it's a blind operation. the plugs have push DOWN clips on them. find the tab, push down, and pull out.

Step 6:
remove the antenna through the square hole. here is a pic of it removed so you can see the connectors.

DONE :). reassembly is the reverse. hardest part is threaded the bolt back into the antenna. just use the force Luke :).

I hope this will help someone. I can take more pics in the daylight of the area if anyone needs it.

I needed to find this; thank you! I'm getting my roof wrapped in two days.

Thanks for this write up. Just wanted to give my 2 cents: Step 4 says use pliers but I couldn't get a good grip on the retaining clip. I found that the clip does fall down if you wiggle and pull the antenna base, and pop it off the roof.

You got me thinking about a antenna delete now. A rear wiper delete kit might seal up that hole nicely and be reversible. Hmm.

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know this is 7 years old* and this person most likely doesn't have a FiST any longer. But it would've been great for some Pictures.[drummer]