Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How to Ruin a Perfectly Good Fiesta in 3 Years

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Do you have a picture of the new pads before they went on? Are you using the pads that came with the kit?

OP
razr_m3
Thread Starter #42
Do you have a picture of the new pads before they went on? Are you using the pads that came with the kit?
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of them. The pads came pre-installed in the calipers. I'm using the kit's pads currently but plan on ordering two kits of the EBC Blue Stuff pads and a set of rotors to keep on hand.

OP
razr_m3
Thread Starter #45
Skip the EBC pads. There are much better pad options out there. (assuming this caliper uses a common pad plate)
Can you share which ones? I've been loving my EBC Blue pads for street driving to the track then driving hard.
Yeah, I just finished a set of Yellow Stuff pads and they were great. I'd like to hear other options though, especially since I have very limited experience with pads on the track. I'm just concerned about pad options for this set of calipers.

Fusion Works

Depends on what brake temps you run. Also how long are your sessions, what tires are you running, how much braking is used on track, etc.

For street pads, just use whatever you like. I run the BP 20s on my car, but the yellow stuff, Hawk HPS, etc are all good street pads, but they are not good track pads.

For track use I would look at the Wilwood BP30/40, Hawk DTC80s, Carbotech, Gloc, Ferrodo DS2500 might work as a dual purpose pad, Porterfield, etc. A good track pad will suck on the street. MY BP30s are really grabby on the street, but I can hammer the shit out of them on track. They did very good at Barber.

OP
razr_m3
Thread Starter #47
Decided to post a little follow-up after putting more miles on the brakes. I decided to just go out and drive one night on mental autopilot so I wouldn't be focused on and hyper-analyzing everything about the brakes. The pedal feel is good and firm, the included lines are nice so far. This is likely due to the pads I'm running and reaffirms my initial impression, but they don't have a super strong initial bite, just a consistent, hard braking. No hard bite and fade, no gradual build-up after half the pedal is depressed, just strong and predictable. It kept pulling my out of my mental autopilot with just how good the brakes were; I was having a bit of fun pushing my braking later and later to get to actually use them. After the first few hundred miles, I gotta say, I really, really like them.