Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Howdy from South Texas!

Greetings everyone!

I thought it was about time I joined this fine group of ST enthusiasts. I acquired my little "fun machine" in March of this year and have followed this forum since day one. Obviously I'm a little slow at making on-line friends [wink] so let me tell a bit about myself...

I've been a fan of muscle cars for as long as I can remember having owned three Mustangs, a Firebird, and a souped up El Camino. I absolutely love having a lot of power under me and the fun that comes with harnessing all those horses on these crazy city streets. My last Mustang was a 2000 GT, SCT tuned, CAI, headers, catback, interior and exterior treatments, etc. To make a long story longer [:D], a couple of years ago I got talked into a more 'fuel efficient' car and traded it for a 2012 Fiesta SE. I actually liked the ride and handling of the Fiesta but boy was it slow! I wasn't used to having to wait to get out in front of someone so I didn't get run over! I started reading everything I could find on this little car which of course led me read about the forthcoming US version of the ST. I wanted one bad and as luck would have it right at the time my lease was up on the SE my dealer had the newly acquired ST in stock. It was a no-brainer to trade up asap.

I ended up with a MO FiST, stock seats, sun roof, nav, Rado wheels/ red calipers. I immediatly got the windows tinted and dropped in my subs and amp. I've since added the AP with Stage One tune and a high flow air filter. From day one till now with a little over 4k miles I absolutely love this car! It handles better than anything else I've owned and the torque is addictive. It may not be a muscle car but man is it fun to drive.

Sorry for the long post but I had some catching up to do [wink]. I've learned so much about the FiST from this fine community (and admittedly a few others on the 'net) and I look forward to joining in on all the fun.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Better late than never, welcome aboard.[thumb]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome Aboard.
You did pick the best color.

Dave

OP
MmerleST
Thread Starter #9
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Funny thing about the color. I really didn't know much about it until after I got the car. I since found out the MO color is another unique and cool thing about this car. It's currently the only car on the market with that color, and it's a tri-coat so when it's polished up nice it really pops in the sun. Looks red in the shade but orange in the sun. Very cool! I've had a lot of good comments about the color.

Welcome to the forum, from a South Texan myself. Hey, I want to see your sub and amp set up. I'm in Clear lake area.

OP
MmerleST
Thread Starter #12
I'm just north of you so maybe we can meet up sometime.
Hey, did you get your FiST from a local dealer? I've yet to see another one on the road around here since I got mine in March.

Great. Yea, let's grab coffee or something one day.

When I was looking for my FIST a few months back, I went on line to ford, AC Collins was the dealer that got back to me. I chatted with her for a long while and was in touch with other dealers across the area. At the time, there was only one red loaded in TX. Two total, but one loaded. Each dealer i would talk to would reference that one car's vin. So, we took a drive down that way, it was down in the valley. But no one along the way wanted to really deal like AC did. Then I ask for their final price, pleaded for another grand, and well, Let's just say i got a deal. But yes, the car was not local, Once I put some cash on the table, they went to retrieve. The next evening I had the car. This was all done over labor day weekend. When I got back in town that Sunday, and went to the dealer Monday morning, I felt that someone had already bought the car. i just had that feeling for several dealers showed the car not available that weekend. That Monday morning I was biting nails. The person there was sending email to the dealer that had the car and hour or so would go by. What gives? I had a little one way discussion with them and said, let's pick up the phone, let's ensure the car is there and if we don't find something within 10 mins, I'm walking and i mention the current time. So, less than 5 mins, they mention the car was there and we started the paperwork. I was stoked. I really love the ST.

OP
MmerleST
Thread Starter #14
Talk about small world... My daughter is the internet sales manager at AC Collins. Maybe it was her you were talking with. I'll ask her if she remembers any of those details. She's been there quite a few years and always hooks up me and my wife with all of our cars. I actually was the first person to test drive the first FiST they got in stock last year, a PB model. Needless to say it took the one drive to cement my wants for the car. When I was ready to trade in March they still had the PB but had the MO with more options available as well. Obviously that's the one I took. Felt great driving it off the lot and that feeling hasn't changed 4k miles later.

.. and the world becomes smaller. When you ask your daughter, I'm sure she will remember. (Darmie) She's already mention her father and how much he likes his fiesta. (you). The wife and I brought the car back up and let our sales team take it for a spin with the new exhaust. We also came back for a nav check another evening and the wife and I chatted with here more. She really did a great job getting us the best deal.

OP
MmerleST
Thread Starter #16
Hey! Sorry to take so long to reply. I finally talked to my daughter last night, I don't see her much during the week (she's too busy selling all those 2015 Mustangs). She said she definitely remembers you and getting your car for you. She said to say hi and had a big smile on her face when I read her your comments on getting a great deal!

Do you ever make it back around the AC Collins area of town? I'm by there pretty frequently and I work right down the street. If you do, give me a holler, maybe we can meet up and compare rides. I'd like to hear that exhaust.

Sounds like a plan. I also want to see your sub install and what all was involved. I'm looking at a jlw6 10 inch. Now I just need to save up a little more.

Hey! Sorry to take so long to reply. I finally talked to my daughter last night, I don't see her much during the week (she's too busy selling all those 2015 Mustangs). She said she definitely remembers you and getting your car for you. She said to say hi and had a big smile on her face when I read her your comments on getting a great deal!

Do you ever make it back around the AC Collins area of town? I'm by there pretty frequently and I work right down the street. If you do, give me a holler, maybe we can meet up and compare rides. I'd like to hear that exhaust.