Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HP Tuners vs Accessport V3

I currently own an HP Tuners MPVI2 with Prolink Cable. This enables you to tune with a wideband and get your AFR dialed in for cars that don't have stock wideband AFR monitoring like the Fiesta ST. I used it to tune a GM car with ease. I have since ordered an Accessport from Cobb. I looks like it's the easier platform to tune with vs. HP Tuners although the Fiesta ST is a supported platform. Does anyone tune with HP Tuners or is everyone drinking the COBB Accessport Koolaid? Pointing me in the right direction would be helpful.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
HP Tuners makes a software program for Ford Ecoboost apps?!?!

I always thought that they were exclusively a GM LSx tuner. [dunno]

OP
2Noob4U
Thread Starter #4
HP Tuners makes a software program for Ford Ecoboost apps?!?!

I always thought that they were exclusively a GM LSx tuner. [dunno]
The FiST is supported by HP Tuners along with WRX's and STI's. There is a complete list on their website. Lots of people tuning Hemi's and Coyote motors with them too.

OP
2Noob4U
Thread Starter #5
I'd say 99% of those who tune are using an Accessport. Best thing about the Accessport koolaid is you don't die when you drink from it! Highly recommend it
I suppose to get a canned tune an Accessport is a great tool. Is there anyone out there tuning with HP Tuners? I suppose it never hurts to ask.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There was one member on here (I cannot recall his username, or find the posts) who was trying to do his very own tuning.
He may have been using HP Tuners (or maybe an updated version of EFI Live/something else?? [dunno]), I do not remember, it was a very old thread.

Not having any tuning skills at all, and being very unfamiliar with turbo platforms, I would be very reluctant to even attempt tuning this car myself.

OP
2Noob4U
Thread Starter #7
There was one member on here (I cannot recall his username, or find the posts) who was trying to do his very own tuning.
He may have been using HP Tuners (or maybe an updated version of EFI Live/something else?? [dunno]), I do not remember, it was a very old thread.

Not having any tuning skills at all, and being very unfamiliar with turbo platforms, I would be very reluctant to even attempt tuning this car myself.
I appreciate your honesty and helping me out. I’ll stick with the Accessport and attempt to sell my HP Tuners stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I've seen other hardware being used, but most tuners prefer, (or at least are most familiar) with Cobb's Accessport. If my tuner recommended something different because it was better for whatever reason I would consider switching. Until then, I'm sticking with the accessport. It was my first mod.

OP
2Noob4U
Thread Starter #9
I did quite a bit of searching around it's honestly way easier with an Accessport. I sold my HP Tuners stuff. That lucky SOB had an LS3 Corvette motor in a 1969 Camaro. He got my whole setup at a steal. It paid for the FMIC and Tune