Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HPFP limit

Been emailing with Wolf tuning in Germany, they say 300whp is not possible with the oem high pressure fuel pump.
Also at the moment no one offers any replacement pump for it(Its a bosch pump). So i'm a bit confused since ATP found
the limit at 330whp.

Chuckable

I may be wrong, but I believe that ATP was basing their claims on the potential output of the different turbos they offered. Theoretical, but not real world. Correct me if someone knows other, though. The last I'd read was that no one has yet actually reached the limit of the HPFP.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I may be wrong, but I believe that ATP was basing their claims on the potential output of the different turbos they offered. Theoretical, but not real world. Correct me if someone knows other, though. The last I'd read was that no one has yet actually reached the limit of the HPFP.
No they have dynos of over 300whp. So does Peron in the UK.

Over 300whp is possible with the right tuning, fuel, etc.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Def octane and fuel dependent. My car doesn't like to run E50, I'm pretty much stuck with E30 or race gas. ATP likely used 0% ethanal 114oct fuel meaning it needs less volume but the knock resistance is still there.

Of course, its entirely possible I'm missing something with fuel tuning but on E50 i'm requesting 10.9 AFR and getting more like 11.5+

razorlab

1000 Post Club
First of all you shouldn't be requesting 10.9 AFR on E50, especially on a DI motor.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
This is on E30

I have a few things i can do to bring more fuel in.
Widen the injection duration (you can only add another 10 degrees ).
Increase the hpfp injection pressure at higher RPMs
Increase lp fuel pump duty cycle max
Increase lp fuel pump voltage max
Increase lp fuel pump max pressure at high rpm.

The good news is that these settings only effect the RPMs you set them for, so its not like your spinning 3000rpm on the interstate with your fuel system being taxed like crazy. It only increases the work load on them for a couple seconds at a time ( unless your doing 130mph ).

That being said... Its only E30. And while the cyborg turbo requires more fuel up top than the stock turbo, i can this this being a real issue with big turbo cars and/or E50 cyborg turbo cars. Or even a fully modded out stock turbo car on E85.

Its pretty clear we do NOT share the same hpfp as the focus, nor the injectors ( which we knew the injectors were different ).

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Try commanding 12.0-12.1 instead of 11.2 and see what happens. Take a look at your fuel trim at wot before and after that to get a clearer picture. HPFP requested vs actual too.

The fuel system works better when it has to do less compensation.

I run 282whp on the peron kit, and simon at sitech runs 330whp with methanol injection which is on the pumps limit.