Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HVAC Fan control stopped working

As of yesterday I have lost the ability to control my fam speed for the HVAC system in my 2014 fiesta st, although auto seems to work, as long as temperature.

About the fan knob itself, the HVAC controller knows what setting I'm putting it to as the lcd displays what level the fans should be at but will not adjust it.

I tried resetting the system, turning the controller on and off, turning the car on and off and turning auto on and off and the fans are just at full blast at all times.

Temperature and a/c controls all seem to be normal.

Anyone come across this at all?

Edit: I can also select where the air comes out of still. On the surface everything seems normal with just no fan speed adjustment

It sounds like the control module has either decided to quite or a bad relay. Best to check any of the relays for the HVAC system first check for any corrosion on the connections or signs of burning out. I believe the owners manual has info on relay location if not Google and YouTube have been life savera for me. Keep us posted.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
It sounds like the control module has either decided to quite or a bad relay. Best to check any of the relays for the HVAC system first check for any corrosion on the connections or signs of burning out. I believe the owners manual has info on relay location if not Google and YouTube have been life savera for me. Keep us posted.
Il look over those this weekend and post an update

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
I know you can voice activate the speeds I think too maybe you can get by like that for now ?
I actually didn't know that, do you just press the voice button on the wheel and tell it "fan speed 1" or whatever you would want?

I actually didn't know that, do you just press the voice button on the wheel and tell it "fan speed 1" or whatever you would want?
So you press it and then say climate control on and then you can press it again and say decrease fan speed or increase but yea it works

I'm going to be trying that out. My controls all work but usually I just tell to call my wife lol. She saved her name in my phone as "your f+***ing wife" lol so I bet you can imagine when the voice repeats that back what it sounds like lmao. These cars really know how to emphasize an F bomb😂.