Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

I asked for this subforum, so I should post to it...

meFiSTo

Hah! Ok, so I originally suggested this forum, but have just been distracted all summer. I will try to post some stuff here regarding WRC, GRC, local rallyx, etc. Videos, schedules, news about Ford's involvement.

I'll hunt up links for WRC viewing and such and post here.

YOU are invited to do the same.

Rallyx looks like fun, but OMG, it is brutal on the car. You think autox can be tough on cars, rallyx is a whole different thing.

The clock is ticking my friends on all things associated with Ford high-performance, gas-powered hatchback racing (certainly in the U.S.). No more Fiestas in the U.S.; Focus on hiatus while Ford ramps up its China operations; one last hurrah for our MkIII RS in 2018. Then, silence. That won't be good for Ford WRC/GRC/ERC/RX enthusiasts.

I can't find it in my heart to get excited about Toyota, Hyundai, Citroën (maybe Citroën), VW (never VM), etc.

Maybe the M-Sport folks will continue racing the new-generation, non-NA Fiesta in WRC. Fingers crossed. Hard to imagine the RX or GRC initiatives continuing much longer under Ford sponsorship. Sigh. Maybe the privateers will continue to soldier on, but if you can get a manufacturer to seriously fund development, why would you not switch platforms? Feels like Ford rally enthusiasts are getting shutdown just as we were getting restarted.

Hey [MENTION=203]alexvollmer[/MENTION], you got any pics from the Seattle GRC event you can post?

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
That's sad to hear... was hoping to see Ford in the WRC world more. I'm just so tired of Subaru LOL

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OAKOS Automotive OAKOS Automotive 107