Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I dont know anything help me please

Don't know anything about wheel fitment but I'm looking to get some new wheels on my 2014 fiesta.im just looking for anything with a better fit without lowering as I already scrap getting to my parking garage. I've been told a 17.5 x 7.5 with .5in spacers would be nice but I don't know anything so any opinions or suggestions are appreciated

the duke

We need to know the size , spacing, and presumably what tires you run.

I run a set of 17x7 team dynamics Pro Race 3s. 17” diameter by 7” wide). I have an offset of 42mm (distance from centerline. Lower pushes further out). I run a 215/40/17 tire (216mm wide, 40 series sidewall, 17” diameter ID.

if we get this information we can help you with a proper fitment.

Stock wheels are 17x7 with a 47mm offset. The tires are 205/40/17. You will be able to fit slightly wider wheels and tires (but there is potential that they will rub if you go too wide or too tall).

From what I’ve read, most people upgrade their tires to 215/40/17 or 215/45/16. The way to read that is tire width/tire height/wheel size.

17.5x7.5 isn’t a wheel size. You’re most likely looking for a 17x7.5 size wheel. That’s wheel height x wheel width.

A 17x7.5 wheel can fit 215/40/17 tires as your widest option without rubbing or modifications. Spacers shouldn’t be required and are for looks, but if you get a low enough offset you won’t want spacers. The lower the offset the more the wheel will go out from the centerline of the vehicle. So if you go with a 40 offset wheel you are 7mm per side further out from the center of the vehicle. If you add a 5mm spacer you’ll be 12mm out, if you add a half inch spacer you’ll be way out.

I still run stock wheels but when I get wheels I’m getting 17x7.5 wheels with a 40mm offset. I’ll be upgrading my tires to 215/40/17 Dunlop Direzza ZIII. From what I’ve seen this wheel and tire combo will poke out slightly past the fenders and have a very flush look.

Tirerack.com is a good resource for finding stuff that fits.

Last edited:
OP
S
Thread Starter #4
Stock wheels are 17x7 with a 47mm offset. The tires are 205/40/17. You will be able to fit slightly wider wheels and tires (but there is potential that they will rub if you go too wide or too tall).

From what I’ve read, most people upgrade their tires to 215/40/17 or 215/45/16. The way to read that is tire width/tire height/wheel size.

17.5x7.5 isn’t a wheel size. You’re most likely looking for a 17x7.5 size wheel. That’s wheel height x wheel width.

A 17x7.5 wheel can fit 215/40/17 tires as your widest option without rubbing or modifications. Spacers shouldn’t be required and are for looks, but if you get a low enough offset you won’t want spacers. The lower the offset the more the wheel will go out from the centerline of the vehicle. So if you go with a 40 offset wheel you are 7mm per side further out from the center of the vehicle. If you add a 5mm spacer you’ll be 12mm out, if you add a half inch spacer you’ll be way out.

I still run stock wheels but when I get wheels I’m getting 17x7.5 wheels with a 40mm offset. I’ll be upgrading my tires to 215/40/17 Dunlop Direzza ZIII. From what I’ve seen this wheel and tire combo will poke out slightly past the fenders and have a very flush look.

Tirerack.com is a good resource for finding stuff that fits.
That was a great explanation for me thank u brother. What's the widest offset I could run without rubbing you think just so I can play it safe.

First off, 7.5 inch wide wheels will be WIDER that the tires you'll be mounting on them. As a result you can expect curb rash to set in quickly. The ride with 40 profile tires will also be pretty rough and I suspect that roads is Nebraska are not "smooth as glass". Take a tip from an old fart who grew up at a time when 60 series tires were considered "really low profile". Within 2 weeks of purchasing my 2019 Fiesta I had 16 inch rims on it carrying 205-50R16 tires. The improvement As for comfort in the ride was huge and as for handling, a lot of autocross drivers racing these cars are using 16 inch rims. I will also state that in 3 years I have not had to replace or repair one single wheel and I live in the Metro Detroit area. If you think your roads are bad we have "potholes" in this area that have actually ripped the front axle off a Semi Tractor. Yeah, that one made it on the evening news.

Being a bit of a miser and a bit impatient I shopped for cars that were in stock. I asked for a minimally optioned ST in Magnetic Grey and it was located at an affiliate dealer and I had the car in 2 days. I was also rather specific on NOT wanting the Recaro seats. So I got a car that was pretty much option free and the color I wanted. As for comfort I tend to take rather long drives, such as Detroit to Charlotte, NC. The plain Jane factory seats are perfectly comfortable.

That was a great explanation for me thank u brother. What's the widest offset I could run without rubbing you think just so I can play it safe.
Here’s a vid of 40mm offset wheels.
View: https://youtu.be/Fy1dpdNrfHU
You can see the fitment around the 10 minute mark.

I’m not sure what the lowest offset that’ll fit is. I’ve read people say 35 I think. But you might have a hard time finding those. If you get wheel spacers you put a lot of strain on your axle but if you’re going for a specific look that might be the move.

Widest tires I’ve heard people put on is 225/40/17 but there’s some rubbing and you might need to roll the fenders? I’m not sure tho, hopefully somebody that put some really wide wheels/tires will see this thread.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^There are no 'street' tires available in that 225/40-17 size currently in the USA/North America.

There are only the 100 or 200 tread wear variants, like the Conti/Hoosier Extreme Contact Force (or the 00-50 tread wear DOT slicks, like the Hoosier A7/R7) offered to us in that size. [:(]