Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I hate torque vectoring!!!1

I used a combination of foam weatherstrip tape and black duct tape, just stuff I had on hand first time. Have to refresh some of the tape every year or so, it does degrade
Thanks. I've just received some of the weatherstrip in the mail, so glad to hear that's the easiest. Will look at sealing up the gaps when I take the front off to install my BigMouth and light bar and investigate mounting an oil cooler.

I haven't read through this whole thread, so forgive me if someone else has made this point already: If TVC is engaging to the point that you are cooking your brakes, then you are driving too fast for the course given the capabilities of the car. People like to complain about TVC, but it is designed to keep the car rotating through a turn in situations when a FWD car would normally understeer. If you didn't have TVC, you would have to drive slower in order to avoid going wide in a corner, especially on exit when you are under full throttle and the weight shifts back. So you have a choice of either entering the corner slower and/or on a wider line, or having the TVC help you maintain traction on all 4 wheels and risking premature brake fade. Before TVC, it was often necessary to left foot brake in order to help the car rotate, but that heats up the brakes even more than TVC. TVC is a more efficient solution that takes some of the skill out of it but makes the car more fun for your average driver. Now of course the ideal solution is to install a LSD which will help the car put down power AND rotate efficiently without cooking brakes, but the cost of that is not for everyone.
Since I love tooting my own horn, I was just reading an article about racing FWD cars by pro rally driver Andrew Comrie-Picard that confirms some of what I said above. Great read otherwise as well. http://jalopnik.com/how-to-be-fast-with-front-wheel-drive-an-expert-explai-1795906825

"ACP: “So with left-foot braking, is basically keeping the throttle wide open, and dragging the brake with your left foot to make it work a little like the hand brake. Slows down the rear wheels, and allows the car to rotate around.

Now that’s fine if you’re dealing with a race car or an older car. But any modern car is going to say ‘whoa, hey, what are you thinking? I got two control inputs coming into the computer here, I got throttle angle and I got brake pressure, and it’ll cut you to limp mode.’

ACP: “(Consider the Ford Focus ST.) ...It doesn’t have a real (limited-slip differential), but like so many of these cars now, (it) uses an electronic brake distribution control (to simulate the effect of an LSD). It’s kind of an open secret that they do that with the rear brakes on the Focus ST. The car will automatically brake the inside wheel, just a little bit, around a hard corner which has exactly the same effect as the left-foot braking. It locks up that wheel just a little bit, and that kicks the tail of the car around."