Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I just sat in the passenger seat...

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
And boy was it uncomfortable. There is a cup holder mold in the door that was pressing into my calf. And there's even less leg room on the passenger side than the driver side even without the peddles. It has me seriously reconsidering keeping this car, I find it obnoxiously uncomfortable, and I'm a short guy.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
It doesn’t seem like you know this, but the passenger seat can be adjusted. Seriously, it’s not THAT bad.
I slid the seat way back. Now I feel bad for ever cramming my wife in there. I just find the ergonomics of this car to be pretty bad.

That's why I took my wife to the dealer when I bought mine... she signed off on the comfort of the passenger seat, and we were good to go. Would have been a major issue otherwise!

Do you want to go kind of fast for 20k or kind of fast for 25k? Lol.

Yeah I passed on a Fist with Recaros for that reason. For the 6 times a year my wife rides with me. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS

1000 Post Club
What are you on about? The cupholder moulding in the door pocket is the same as the one on the driver side. Whether I sit in the drivers seat or the passenger seat, my leg is never anywhere near the cupholder. The passenger seat goes as far forward and back as the driver seat. I often ride while my wife drives. I find the seating no different on either side of the car.

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Do you want to go kind of fast for 20k or kind of fast for 25k? Lol.

Yeah I passed on a Fist with Recaros for that reason. For the 6 times a year my wife rides with me. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually swapped my recaros for the base seats with a local. I was hating life in those seats.

Se7eN

My wife thinks its super comfortable. I've ridden as passanger on friends cars with recaro it does feel a bit differente but not by a whole bunch. I'm 5'8 and not thin so...

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
My wife has never complained and I've been on the passenger side a few times, and I don't notice a difference.

Drive a Isuzu cab over and we can talk about comfort and no leg room.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
My wife doesn't complain, but I have noticed when she sits her knees are almost touching the shifter because she sits kind of tilted in the in the seat. Needless to say on longer car trips we usually take the minivan. I just think I need something that's still fun, but more practical.

So, this is pretty on-point. Got a call yesterday afternoon from a friend who's daughter just got her license. She wants a manual shift GTI, and needs to learn how to drive a stick. They don't have any manuals in the family, so he asked if I could give her a quick lesson in my FIST. I'm up for helping any teenager who is interested in learning how to shift a car, let alone is interested in cars at all!

Spent an hour in my own passenger seat giving her a lesson, and she picked it up quick. I didn't think my passenger seat was any less comfortable than the driver side.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
And boy was it uncomfortable. There is a cup holder mold in the door that was pressing into my calf. And there's even less leg room on the passenger side than the driver side even without the peddles. It has me seriously reconsidering keeping this car, I find it obnoxiously uncomfortable, and I'm a short guy.
I'm 6'1" 150lbs and have noticed this also. Standard seats. Yes indeed, the foot well specifically, is significantly more narrowed versus the driver side. Only the driver seat has the lumbar lever. Ordinarily I'm a straight-back seat kind of person, but that's simply not practical for the passenger side.

However it's nothing that would make me unload the vehicle. I just make it a point to pre-adjust the seat, leaning it back whenever I expect to get a passenger.

It's funny... my last car was an '02 Mustang, and my wife hated the seats. She likes to sit upright, and have a lot of head support. The seat back didn't come up to vertical enough for her, and it had a small headrest. Plus, the car was caged, so the seat wouldn't fully recline when she wanted it to. And, the door didn't have an "Oh S$&t" handle to grab onto, and I pretty much drove that beast like a complete idiot.

A few weeks after buying the FIST, we were in Palm Springs, driving up Highway 74, which is a very cool twisty switchback road. If you've ever seen "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World", it's the road in the opening chase scene. I was on the back bumper of an E36, driving like a madman. My wife had a grip on the door pull, and said "I like this car. It's comfortable and I'm not even scared!"

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Odd. My wife and i rolled to seattle in my fist with recaros. Definitely didnt feel what you are describing on that trip. We just wish we had a slightly bigger car.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Odd. My wife and i rolled to seattle in my fist with recaros. Definitely didnt feel what you are describing on that trip. We just wish we had a slightly bigger car.
I will echo this ...Driving From Mpls Mn to Key West Fl....I guess different strokes for different folks!

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
I've struggled to find comfort in this car and I've always owned compact cars. Kind of frustrating.