Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I just sat in the passenger seat...

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Some of the comments here also reflect why these perfectly sized cars are going the way of the Dodo Bird. "I want bigger." [emoji849]

I don't... leave it alone! I like the size. [emoji4]
Bigger doesn't mean more ergonomic. The center console in this car eats up a lot of leg room, my right leg is always resting against it. I feel like the pedals all should be shifted left.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Some of the comments here also reflect why these perfectly sized cars are going the way of the Dodo Bird. "I want bigger." 🙄

I don't... leave it alone! I like the size. 😊
Hell, I would not mind if it were even more 'compact', and lighter, with the same power (and two doors, of course!). LOL [wink]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
3-4000 mile road trip every year for 5 years and never a complaint from me (5'11" 230lbs) or my wife sharing the driving. I do not feel like the passenger side is any different in size. Great road trip/camping/performance car for us geriatrics, lol! We still think it is perfect for our needs after 5 years.

pixelzombie

6ft, 220 here... no complaints on (standard) seating. None from the Mrs. either... though, she does regularly bemoan the lack of an Oh-sh*t-handle. Suppose that's more my driving than anything 😂
LOL, my wife has said the same thing. She likes the joy rides on exit ramps, but wishes there were more places to hold on to.

LOL, my wife has said the same thing. She likes the joy rides on exit ramps, but wishes there were more places to hold on to.
My fiancé complains about the lack of an 'oh shit' handle every time I step on it lol. The car definitely should have come with one.

SPhilli911

I've considered the Fiesta ST to be one of the most comfortable cars I've owned (with the Recaros) and anyone that sits in the passenger seat always comments how snug and nice they are. No complaints about leg room or anything like that up front, but the rear is a different story. I am rather tall, so no one can really fit in the back seats.

Mind you, I've never driven very far with or without passengers, maybe 2 hours tops in one go so I can't speak on the long term comfort. The covid thing threw a wrench in my cross-country roundtrip plans.

I've struggled to find comfort in this car and I've always owned compact cars. Kind of frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
That's how my Focus RS was for me...never could get the ergonomics right. The FiST is MUCH better for me...no complaints but I do sometimes wish I'd gotten the Recaros, or maybe not.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That's how my Focus RS was for me...never could get the ergonomics right. The FiST is MUCH better for me...no complaints but I do sometimes wish I'd gotten the Recaros, or maybe not.
I wanted an RS so bad, until I drove it. Seating position was absolutely horrible for me. I find the FiST much better. I would've loved the recaros but I don't fit in them. Legs too big.. They push my thighs together so much that my balls get smashed.

I wanted an RS so bad, until I drove it. Seating position was absolutely horrible for me. I find the FiST much better. I would've loved the recaros but I don't fit in them. Legs too big.. They push my thighs together so much that my balls get smashed.
Balls getting smashed would definitely be a deal killer for me too! :LOL:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
No pain no gain. Lol

pixelzombie

Sounds like you wear boxers and not briefs.

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
Like I said, I'm pretty compact myself, but just can't get comfortable. I can tolerate it mostly, now that I got the base seats in, but next time I buy a car I'm definitely going to sit in it a little longer and make sure and can live with it on these long Texas highways. I'm beginning to see the appeal of the monster Challengers and Chargers I see around here. Probably make for better highway cruisers.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Like I said, I'm pretty compact myself, but just can't get comfortable. I can tolerate it mostly, now that I got the base seats in, but next time I buy a car I'm definitely going to sit in it a little longer and make sure and can live with it on these long Texas highways. I'm beginning to see the appeal of the monster Challengers and Chargers I see around here. Probably make for better highway cruisers.
Had a 1998 SSEI Bonneville with every option except magna-ride.Best road trip car EVER* could rip the tires off with the right mods but still remain sophisticated and very very sleeper like! Women loved to ride in the huge comfy back seat*;)

Respectfully, I think you bought the wrong car for you.

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
Respectfully, I think you bought the wrong car for you.
I think the same thing. I had a mazdaspeed 3 that I was comfortable in, I maybe should've moved to a Focus ST.

I think the same thing. I had a mazdaspeed 3 that I was comfortable in, I maybe should've moved to a Focus ST.
Well, FWIW, I went from a Focus RS to my FiST and am very happy I did. The FoRS was just too ergonomically funky for me among other things and the FiST is just more fun.

Strangely enough, I had a 2009.5 Speed3 that I absolutely loved. I should have never gotten rid of it. It was very comfortable and a great balance of performance/practicality/comfort. It is actually a toss up which one I like more between the FiST and Speed3. The Speed3 was a bit more upscale and better looking and spacious but the FiST is more nimble and fun and even more efficient.

I think if you fit better in a Focus ST/RS, that might be the right car for you if you liked the Speed3. They are much more equivalent.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've considered the Fiesta ST to be one of the most comfortable cars I've owned (with the Recaros) and anyone that sits in the passenger seat always comments how snug and nice they are. No complaints about leg room or anything like that up front, but the rear is a different story. I am rather tall, so no one can really fit in the back seats.

Mind you, I've never driven very far with or without passengers, maybe 2 hours tops in one go so I can't speak on the long term comfort. The covid thing threw a wrench in my cross-country roundtrip plans.
I have the base seats, and have made the 9 hour trip (with only nature, and fuel breaks along the way) to western central Maine with NO discomfort/aches/pains whatsoever. [:)] [wink]

PunkST

2000 Post Club
^ drove to seattle with only fuel and bathroom stops for 31 hours drive time in the recaros. With a 5 hour session of sleeping in the car in montana. Was only in need of a shower and a good long walk once reaching the west coast from wisconsin