Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I need your input on my newest FiST video!

View: https://youtu.be/wShYww99d8o

Welcome back to another episode in my Fiesta ST video series, I have taken some of your input so far and used it but I need more feedback to see what you guys would like to see in the future.

So far I have done a Quick Fiesta ST review and intro to the series, broken a FiST (unofficial) track record, done a review on my Cobb AP mount, and now this Brake bleeding and Speed Bleeders How-to Video. I just got back from another track where I have set the fastest time in a FiST(atleast from what is posted on here and youtube), video being edited now.

There seems to be an interest in these videos but I need you guys to subscribe if you haven't already yet! and thanks to all that have, I hope you're enjoying the new content.

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #3
Which tracks do you run?
With the Fiesta I just run Northern California tracks. I have Thunderhill East posted, Laguna Seca recorded/and being edited and Sonoma coming soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
My feedback isn't what I want to see, but what I don't want to hear. I guess my age is showing bc I want to vomit when I hear the same type music at too high a level on any video. Is it supposed to get me psyched up about doing my car or happy that you are doing yours?

Just ignore me... Otherwise, great video.

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #5
My feedback isn't what I want to see, but what I don't want to hear. I guess my age is showing bc I want to vomit when I hear the same type music at too high a level on any video. Is it supposed to get me psyched up about doing my car or happy that you are doing yours?

Not exactly sure but thanks, I think haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

flubbachum - on the music thing - when you're making videos, theres a huge fear of "dead air" - with modern attention spans a 15-20 second gap in the audio can be where you "lose" people. You can see it on the youtube stats, it tells you your average watch length and if you track the times you usually lose people during dead air spaces. The workarounds are filling the dead air with cheesy youtube "HEY GUYS!" dialog, rambling "filler" dialog, bumping the music volume up, or fast forwarding footage, all of which come with negatives. There are some sorts of "muzak" that work great in the background of videos, they're usually very monotone and really only exist for tracking the passage of time. Catering to modern attention spans is difficult, you see a steep decline in "view to completion" if your videos are longer than 2:30, but Youtube's monetization favors stuff that is 10+ minutes, and their algorithm for "pushing" videos does too, so *if* you are trying to monetize, you have to spread 2:30 content over 10:00 and try to hide it. Thats why I like about ben's videos, he's not forcing them up to 10 minutes to game the algorithm. He's keeping the lengths in the "view to completion" range.

the music made me laugh, at the very beginning i was picturing a bagpiper doing a guitar solo :p after reading that go back and listen to it again. bagpipe solo shredding!!

Last edited:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Ben looking good - there's definitely a visible progression from your oldest to newest content! You probably still need to find some more boring/less distracting background music (elevator muzak!). Are you editing the audio at all? If you EQ the highs down so it's less sharp it fades into the background better. I like that you're ducking the audio more while speaking - it really helps. When you aren't speaking, I would set the volume level somewhere between where it is when you are speaking and the current "non speaking" volume level, so it's "there", but it's not in your face. Also, maybe fade the audio up/down, it sounds like pretty abrupt volume swings. Smooth audio transitions are a lot harder than smooth video ones.

If you have the Adobe suite you can knock out some pretty easy, awesome intro graphics with Adobe spark - its great because you dont have to learn aftereffects :p

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
flubbachum - on the music thing - when you're making videos, theres a huge fear of "dead air" - with modern attention spans a 15-20 second gap in the audio can be where you "lose" people. You can see it on the youtube stats, it tells you your average watch length and if you track the times you usually lose people during dead air spaces. The workarounds are filling the dead air with cheesy youtube "HEY GUYS!" dialog, rambling "filler" dialog, bumping the music volume up, or fast forwarding footage, all of which come with negatives. There are some sorts of "muzak" that work great in the background of videos, they're usually very monotone and really only exist for tracking the passage of time. Catering to modern attention spans is difficult, you see a steep decline in "view to completion" if your videos are longer than 2:30, but Youtube's monetization favors stuff that is 10+ minutes, and their algorithm for "pushing" videos does too, so *if* you are trying to monetize, you have to spread 2:30 content over 10:00 and try to hide it. Thats why I like about ben's videos, he's not forcing them up to 10 minutes to game the algorithm. He's keeping the lengths in the "view to completion" range.

the music made me laugh, at the very beginning i was picturing a bagpiper doing a guitar solo [emoji14] after reading that go back and listen to it again. bagpipe solo shredding!!
Well aware of all you said. The free music is limited. I've been around. I grew up on TV and movies and self-studied the business outside of school. Sound, editing, continuity, screenplay writing, acting, etc.

I've been in IT since '91, MBA, yada blahda yada. And while at work, I watch 2-6 hours YT four times a week waiting for things to break.
I'd have my own channel making money if I had ANYthing worth viewing. I'm not the kind of guy with charisma or anything interesting to say... and now as I'm older, opinionated AND jaded, not the kind that would sustain a channel. Hey kids, get off my damn LAWN!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #9
Ben looking good - there's definitely a visible progression from your oldest to newest content! You probably still need to find some more boring/less distracting background music (elevator muzak!). Are you editing the audio at all? If you EQ the highs down so it's less sharp it fades into the background better. I like that you're ducking the audio more while speaking - it really helps. When you aren't speaking, I would set the volume level somewhere between where it is when you are speaking and the current "non speaking" volume level, so it's "there", but it's not in your face. Also, maybe fade the audio up/down, it sounds like pretty abrupt volume swings. Smooth audio transitions are a lot harder than smooth video ones.

If you have the Adobe suite you can knock out some pretty easy, awesome intro graphics with Adobe spark - its great because you dont have to learn aftereffects :p
Thanks again for the tips, I do use the Adobe Suite, and I will be looking into Adobe Spark for the next video, thanks again