Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I want my car to make all the cool noises

Howdy all,

Just picked up a 2017 FiST, it's currently completely stock. I want more of all the noises!
I want to hear the turbo and the induction and the BOV and the Wastegate and the Exhaust, everything is too quiet.
What are y'alls recommendations ?

Thanks in advance

OP
17fiest
Thread Starter #4
Also maybe a hot tale but I don't hate what I *think* is the extra noise from the symposer. I'd just like other fun noises to go with it. Currently the only extra noise I have is a blend door actuator that has a bit of a fit after startup

Sam4

Well, I have a woosh catted DP and MAPerformance exhaust. There's induction sound, burble and popping, and general loudness. I always thought loud blow-off valve noise belonged in a Hart Senate Building room video. And fixing the blend door yourself will lead to a few loud noises too (not that hard!).

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Any open element intake will give you the induction. I ran whoosh’s newer short ram with good luck. A crossover pipe will add a tiny bit of volume to the induction noise but most will come from the intake. Turbo noise is hard on the stock turbo unless you go for a catless downpipe, in which case turbo noises get pretty loud. BOV there are tons of good options. Symposer port BOV solves two problems by getting rid of the symposer and making your BOV easier to access for its annual cleaning and lubrication.

In short, for the most noise. Open element intake, catless downpipe, blow off valve, cat back exhaust of your preference.

OP
17fiest
Thread Starter #7
Any open element intake will give you the induction. I ran whoosh’s newer short ram with good luck. A crossover pipe will add a tiny bit of volume to the induction noise but most will come from the intake. Turbo noise is hard on the stock turbo unless you go for a catless downpipe, in which case turbo noises get pretty loud. BOV there are tons of good options. Symposer port BOV solves two problems by getting rid of the symposer and making your BOV easier to access for its annual cleaning and lubrication.

In short, for the most noise. Open element intake, catless downpipe, blow off valve, cat back exhaust of your preference.
Thanks for the feedback :D

Perhaps this is an assumption, but would the catless downpipe cause me to fail emissions testing?

Also any recommendation for the Symposer port BOV?

OP
17fiest
Thread Starter #8
Is the 2JR Fiesta ST Cowl Induction Intake much louder/ does it sound cooler than a typical open element intake?

dhminer

2000 Post Club

Perhaps this is an assumption, but would the catless downpipe cause me to fail emissions testing?

Yeah a catless dp will fail emissions if they put a sniffer but if you use a defouler and they just do an OBD2 scan, it’ll pass. They could start it and smell it being catless however. It’s an obvious smell. I swaped catted to catless for inspection when I was running the catless.

I’m running Mountune’s symposer port BOV that’s made by Turbosmart and it’s been great. Whoosh has a few kits and they’re all good ones. HKS are pricey but they sound the best in my opinion.

Sam4

I have the catted, it's plenty loud, and it did throw the 420 code which was easily fixed with the O2 sensor adapter. If Texas is hard on a visual inspection - you'll fail, emissions will be fine.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is the 2JR Fiesta ST Cowl Induction Intake much louder/ does it sound cooler than a typical open element intake?
It is pretty much the loudest, most obtrusive intake you can install on these cars.
Way too much for many on here, sort of like the MBRP exhaust of the intake systems. [wink]

Some liken it's sound to an F22 taking off from a carrier deck, especially with a bigger than factory turbo.

I went with the HKS SSQ. It's definitely loud, almost obnoxiously so, but I like it. I feel boost builds quicker and hits harder. My stock diverter was probably leaking. It's just cheap plastic. Also Symposers almost always leak. I had capped mine off before doing the BOV.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/products/hks-ssqblack-blow-off-valve-kit-2014-fiesta-st

I went with the HKS SSQ. It's definitely loud, almost obnoxiously so, but I like it. I feel boost builds quicker and hits harder. My stock diverter was probably leaking. It's just cheap plastic. Also Symposers almost always leak. I had capped mine off before doing the BOV.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/products/hks-ssqblack-blow-off-valve-kit-2014-fiesta-st
I really like my HKS. I had specific noise goals as well. Running no insert right now and the balance of whoosh vs squawk vs squeak is perfect. I've seen 3D printed options out there as well. I think there's even recirc kits for it out there?