Idle issue

Anybody experienced bouncing idle whilst coming to a stop it’s only does it for roughly 3 seconds then levels itself out ??

Plus the car has decat but noticed it’s running really lean/rich lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GhostRS

Staff member
Ah lean/rich?
These are completely different things. Lean is dangerous, so if that’s the case I’d get that checked ASAP.

I believe an issue with your 02 sensor will trigger a check engine light

Anybody experienced bouncing idle whilst coming to a stop it’s only does it for roughly 3 seconds then levels itself out ??

Plus the car has decat but noticed it’s running really lean/rich lately?

Not sure what you mean by "has decat"? Have you removed the catalytic converter?

Yes cat has be n removed and to top it all of my clutch has just slipped so anybody recommend to change flywheel the same time when clutch is done ?

Yes cat has be n removed and to top it all of my clutch has just slipped so anybody recommend to change flywheel the same time when clutch is done ?

Maybe too many launch modes. You need to see if the flywheel has been overheated and is no longer true.

Okay how can you tell that with a steel ruler isit

Don't really know why your clutch would be slipping, it's usually due to wear and tear or misuse. Only way to really check a flywheel is with a dial indicator once you've removed either the engine or the transmission- a bit of a pia especially on what should be a fairly new car.

Was a new clutch kit & DMF flywheel job now all sorted thanks guys :)