Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Idle

When I start up my engine for the first time every day my car idles at 1500 then after that it stops? is that ok

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
By stops do you mean it drops to a more normal lower idle ? If so yes hi idle is normal for a short time while the car warms up.

Im pretty sure he means it stops idling high... if so, as the others have said, thats completely normal.

It turned really cold here over the past few days. Did a cold start today at -25C (that's -13F for you Yanks).[ohcrap] Idle goes to 1500 and hangs there until things warm up a bit - as far as I can see this is perfectly normal.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I like mine when its like THAT cold or colder -40 (thats -40 for you Canucks [poke]) It will start then drop to around 700 rpm for a brief second like its going WTF its chilly out here then picks back up to normal hi idle.. only outside in the cold not in the insulated non heated garage... Weird and Wonderful learning a new car ...
ok it wasn't that cold but it was -25F and thats like what minus 31 Cee ? I hate math sometimes but loves me some google And I think this is such a funny gadget to use :) Let Me Google that for You

I like mine when its like THAT cold or colder -40 (thats -40 for you Canucks [poke]) It will start then drop to around 700 rpm for a brief second like its going WTF its chilly out here then picks back up to normal hi idle.. only outside in the cold not in the insulated non heated garage... Weird and Wonderful learning a new car ...
ok it wasn't that cold but it was -25F and thats like what minus 31 Cee ? I hate math sometimes but loves me some google And I think this is such a funny gadget to use :) Let Me Google that for You
Good one! I forgot that however cold it has been here it's been even colder there. You have my deepest sympathy![tongue] It has had a few of those WTF moments right after start up but it's over before I get worried about it. Ride is a bit choppy too when the shock oil turns solid.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
No kidding it took like 2 miles for the tires to get round and the shox took till I was nearly home 6 mile hwy drive before they didn't complain ... Heck of a yr to have heated seats ;)

The heated seats are the best, Took me a while to realize that they actually modulate - after they set your butt on fire.[}:)]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
The heated seats are the best, Took me a while to realize that they actually modulate - after they set your butt on fire.[}:)]
I take longer routes just so I can use the seat warmers a little longer lol.