Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Idling high with A/C on

I was just curious if anyone has noticed if their FiST idles around 1,000 RPM or maybe higher or lower when the A/C is on during hot ambient temperatures (~90?F or hotter)??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I was just curious if anyone has noticed if their FiST idles around 1,000 RPM or maybe higher or lower when the A/C is on during hot ambient temperatures (~90?F or hotter)??

Yup normal. The compressor needs more juice to run properly. Nothing to worry about.

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
Yup normal. The compressor needs more juice to run properly. Nothing to worry about.
Oh okay. Does yours do that too? It's weird because sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't do it. It seems annoying to me but it's not a big deal. Thanks for the input!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Oh okay. Does yours do that too? It's weird because sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't do it. It seems annoying to me but it's not a big deal. Thanks for the input!

The compressor is not always on it cycles. When it's on the rpm bump up. Yes mine does it as well.

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
The compressor is not always on it cycles. When it's on the rpm bump up. Yes mine does it as well.
I was wondering if other FiST owners compressors cycle on and off as well. I've popped the hood and watched the compressor and mine like never turns off I swear. When it does my exhaust gets quiet and the car doesn't shake as much (Cobb RMM).