Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

If I had to choose ONE of those three chassis braces

Hi fellas,

So I am reaaaallly interesting about those chassis braces, from all the goods I've been reading that those makes to the car. I'd get the 3 ones if I could (might be overkill though, you tell me) but I'd like to start with one. So which one of those would you consider the most important regarding all the added handling improvements ?
number one
number two
number three

Thanks guy <3

Woods247

2000 Post Club
The Pierce 6 point is best but hangs a little low. It’s noticeably stiffer. I know it’s not on your list but check it out. Number 3 combined with number 2 above is best for locking the front if those are your only options.

OP
Fiestastix
Thread Starter #3
Thanks, that is kinda what I thought. I don't even get the point of the number one part :unsure:

Dialcaliper

At least a 4-point front brace (number 3 on your list) makes a a noticable difference over the basic 2-point (which is a big step up from nothing). Definitely happy I switched from the 2-point to the Swave Summit 4-point (and gained ground clearance as well). No experience with the Pierce 6-point front brace, so I can’t compare there.

I’m not seeing an urgent need for much more bracing, but I am thinking about a trying a basic trunk brace behind the rear seats, as it addresses there only being really being unibody floor pan between the rear spring pads).

Beyond those two, (4-point and trunk brace) I think additional bracing will only make a significant difference with a much stiffer suspension setup where you’re dealing with less suspension travel.

Basically, get “number three”, and if you’re still driving the car on the street, ignore “one” and “two”. The FiST already has very basic factory bracing in both those locations, so you’re looking at an incremental upgrade of existing factory bracing as opposed to the dramatic difference of adding bracing where there is none like the front subframe.

Don’t forget the fresh torque to yield bolts for the control arms. (There are two different types on the ST, as opposed to 4 identical bolts on the base Fiesta models)