Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I'm leaking oil :(

Well I'm leaking oil. Just got done with the initial break in and got to enjoy it for about a week. Service department won't be open till 7 on Monday morning so I have to sit and wait. End of vent.... [}(]

pwnall1337

Vendor
where is it leaking from? Did it start leaking after your first oil change? If so it's probably the gasket on the oil pan. Not the first time I've seen this.

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
Started after the first oil change. Not exactly where underneath it's coming from.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Started after the first oil change. Not exactly where underneath it's coming from.
I would recommend having a look before you continue driving the vehicle, the two things it may be if it started leaking directly after a service is oil filter gasket and sump plug-either one may be loose. If the sump plug is loose it may fall out resulting in the engine seizing. If the oil filter is loose it may blow the gasket out because of the oil pressure and pump out all the sump oil and seize the engine as well.
I don't mean to alarm you but I would be having a look myself.

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
Of course. Car won't be moving except to drive it to the dealership Monday.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Could be residual oil due to the tech doing a poor job of wiping the car down or not putting the filter or drain plug back in properly. You can always get underneath a car to check it out...probably wouldn't hurt to snap a picture for future documentation.

me32

1000 Post Club
I would try getting under car to see to at least give the dealer some info where to look.

OP
J
Thread Starter #9
Looks like it's coming from the drain plug. There's oil towards the rear of the oil pan and about a dollar sized amount of oil on the ground. Probably loose, probably due to shitty. These guys broke a wheel stud off my car before I even took delivery.

seriously, ******* going to dealers for anything other than warranty work.

They dont care about your car like you do. Sometimes its a pain in the ass to do your own maintenance. But, in the end you know it was done right and you can inspect all the other stuff while you do the work

OP
J
Thread Starter #11
Ya I unfortunately am learning the hard way. Not happy with this service center and wouldn't have been going with them in the first place had it not been for the free oil changes they offered me. Amazing how the sales side of the dealership can be such a positive experience and the service department be so horrible.

Coming from Volvo's service, this has been a downgrade. Even though my Volvo had one minor failure, when I did bring it in, Volvo went out of it's way to make things as smooth as possible.

me32

1000 Post Club
seriously, ************* going to dealers for anything other than warranty work.

They dont care about your car like you do. Sometimes its a pain in the ass to do your own maintenance. But, in the end you know it was done right and you can inspect all the other stuff while you do the work
You pretty much have to watch them when doing oil change.

OP
J
Thread Starter #13
Just got word from my service department. Drain plug "failure" according to them. Convinced it was a technician failure.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Just got my oil changed today. Reflashed my ecu with JMS tune just in case ford touched it. Double checked for leaking but I'm good :p