Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Immobilizer Malfunction service now!

What's up guys, been on this forum for a while now, just put 28500 miles on my fiesta, the exact number, and as I was pulling into my driveway last night, the door locks started unlocking and locking, and immobilizer malfunction service now kept flashing on the screen. Shut off the car, came back out this morning, and my key fob wouldn't unlock the car, unlocked it with the key inside the fob, and my car starts and runs fine, but the service now keeps flashing. just wanted to make a thread in case this happens to anyone else, I'll keep you updated on what happens.

OMG your post is freaking me out right now!!! I just went to my 2017 Fiesta ST with 2700 miles and both my key fobs aren't unlocking my doors!! The car is in a garage and hasn't been started in two weeks. What am I suppose to do? I can't get in the car.

your battery is probably just dead, there is a key inside of the fob, if you click the bottom side buttons the ford emblem will pop out and there is a key that will unlock the driver side.
Thank you that did the trick of getting in the car. I should really get to reading the car's manual. The car started up and drove no problem and upon leaving the key fob is now locking and unlocking like it should. I don't know what the hell happened, like I said I haven't started it in 2 weeks. Maybe the cold weather? I really hope your situation will sort out as mine did. Thank you!

To keep the car battery from going dead, after a couple of weeks (or so, the manual says "several") it shuts down. In other words your car behaved exactly as designed and mentioned in the manual (page 52)
Thank you for that!