Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

In need of advice on how to get a stuck wrench off...

Thanks to everyone for chiming in, ill be cutting the endlink here shortly. So since ill be replacing the endlink my next question is does anyone have any experience with aftermarket endlinks? Is it worth it?
I was looking at the whitelines from woosh $124
oem would be $37
MOOG K750612 is another alternative. I bought these and they are definitely beefier then stock but have not installed them yet.

Sent from my TA-1052 using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thanks to everyone for chiming in, ill be cutting the endlink here shortly. So since ill be replacing the endlink my next question is does anyone have any experience with aftermarket endlinks? Is it worth it?
oem would be $37
If you are racing, you can't go wrong with adjustable end links.
Race tracks are usually much smoother and with no potholes.
I have tried many brands on many cars including my FiST but I have never found a set that lasts for every day use comparing aftermarket to OEM..
I have used both, greaseable and non-greaseable, of course greaseable is better.
The problems always seems to be the ball joint ends.
They become loose within the joint and start to make a clunking type noise.
Maybe they just can't take the constant pounding of a daily driver on public streets.
This is based on my experiences, I am sure that others may have a different point of view.

Good Luck.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Here's one that apparently is used on the FiST, but I have not personally confirmed this.

BMW E36/E46 M3 Sway Bar End Link
Part #: 68510000

endlink.JPG

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
oem would be $37
So, you can’t get the whole strut assembly off? I really think that if you could take it you, you’d better be able to see what you’re going and may not have to resort to brute force. On the other hand your hex key hole is already ate out. Pulling the strut assembly would still protect you from accidentally nicking something or damaging anything else.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Jose did you try what I recommended via PM?

The hex is already ruined, All you need to do is tap in another hex bit that will fit in the hole for the hex to be able to unscrew the bolt. The nut will not go anywhere because the wrench is holding it. All that's needed is to back the bolt a bit to get some slack that will allow an angle for the wrench to slip out. You didn't bang or bend to get it in there, so don't band or bend to get it out. That's desperate, but then you might be desperate. Be smart or be a gorilla, your choice.

OP
J.andretti93
Thread Starter #29
So, you can’t get the whole strut assembly off? I really think that if you could take it you, you’d better be able to see what you’re going and may not have to resort to brute force. On the other hand your hex key hole is already ate out. Pulling the strut assembly would still protect you from accidentally nicking something or damaging anything else.
I actually did just that, took the strut out and assesed the angles. Im going to try and tap another hex bit that will fit and try and do it that way first, but if not than ill cut it. The bolt is stripped so a new endlink is needed at this point like you said.

DangerMouse

Hahaha I did this once too. Using my new ratchet wrenches.

I went with the moog end links. They failed me in 5 months. Both of them. I greased them too so no idea why. I went back to oem.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Hotchkis has one and looks the business.

https://www.hotchkis.net/product/20...-end-link-kit-from-hotchkis-sport-suspension/

Applications: 2014+ Ford Fiesta ST

Hotchkis Sport Suspension (25447F) 2014+ Ford Fiesta ST Front Sport Sway Bar End-Link Kit. Many performance minded Fiesta ST owners upgrade their cars with better tires and stiffer sway bars, but often these upgrades call for stronger, adjustable end links. We tested many end link combinations before finding the best solution. Our Front Sport End Links have high articulation THK resin ball studs for maximum range of motion, waterproof protective seals, CNC Machined Center Sections with wrench flats, and left and right hand threads for quick on car adjustment. For the optimum end link leverage length, they offer an adjustment range of approximately 1/2" in the front and are finished in great looking gold zinc plating. For the ultimate in Fiesta ST performance handling upgrade, we recommend installing our Rear Hotchkis Sport Sway Bar package (22447R) and our Front Sport End Links (25447F). Install our premium Hotchkis Sport Adjustable Front End Links and increase your Fiesta ST front sway bar effectiveness and end link strength.

Features:
  • Replaces Weak Factory End Links
  • Length adjustable for optimum fit
  • THK resin ball studs
  • Waterproof protective seals
  • Wrench flats
  • Left and right hand threads
  • Durable gold zinc coated
  • Proudly made in the U.S.A.
3yr. limited warranty https://www.hotchkis.net/pdf/Hotchkis_Limited_Warranty_REV_12_16_10.pdf

hotchkis.JPG

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hotchkis has one and looks the business.

https://www.hotchkis.net/product/20...-end-link-kit-from-hotchkis-sport-suspension/

Applications: 2014+ Ford Fiesta ST

Hotchkis Sport Suspension (25447F) 2014+ Ford Fiesta ST Front Sport Sway Bar End-Link Kit. Many performance minded Fiesta ST owners upgrade their cars with better tires and stiffer sway bars, but often these upgrades call for stronger, adjustable end links. We tested many end link combinations before finding the best solution. Our Front Sport End Links have high articulation THK resin ball studs for maximum range of motion, waterproof protective seals, CNC Machined Center Sections with wrench flats, and left and right hand threads for quick on car adjustment. For the optimum end link leverage length, they offer an adjustment range of approximately 1/2" in the front and are finished in great looking gold zinc plating. For the ultimate in Fiesta ST performance handling upgrade, we recommend installing our Rear Hotchkis Sport Sway Bar package (22447R) and our Front Sport End Links (25447F). Install our premium Hotchkis Sport Adjustable Front End Links and increase your Fiesta ST front sway bar effectiveness and end link strength.

Features:
  • Replaces Weak Factory End Links
  • Length adjustable for optimum fit
  • THK resin ball studs
  • Waterproof protective seals
  • Wrench flats
  • Left and right hand threads
  • Durable gold zinc coated
  • Proudly made in the U.S.A.
3yr. limited warranty https://www.hotchkis.net/pdf/Hotchkis_Limited_Warranty_REV_12_16_10.pdf
Those are dope, and they better have that warranty for the price . Lol

OP
J.andretti93
Thread Starter #36
I finally got some time off from work today and removed the tool with a little elbow grease. Being an amateur auto enthusiast I'm still learning about what parts can be dented a little and banged around without serious damage being done. So in other words I was scared of damaging mah baby. But I'll snap some pictures tomorrow morning in the natural light and wash her and post some clean pictures around noon. Thanks all for any interest and help, love this forum and all its wisdom.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Tomorrow has come on gone, let's see them photos. Prints should be dry by now. Fotomat has 1 day developing.

]
Lol on the photomat pic, ya I talked to him his Springs are in and he is liking it he has just been incredibly busy he was supposed to call me back last night and did not. It”s all good I am sure he will get around to it.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Busy and lack of time are fucking excuses.
There are better and more realistic reasons than those. [emoji200]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk