Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

In your opinion, what is the overall best tire?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
So I've skimmed through the other thread with 9 pages of insanity (10 now lol), so I figured a cleaner, less messy thread would be helpful. Try not to bring that mess here if possible. I have 8000 miles on my car and need new tires pretty soon. I live in South Florida so it is extremely hot all the time, and pretty rainy the rest of the time. In your opinion, what is the best tire I should get to replace them? I have stock wheels btw too, but am open to wider tires.

Last edited:

Spork1569

The Firestone indy 500's are highly rated for our car it seems as the performance to price ratio is unmatched.

I almost went with them but decided to get something with more treadwesr as the car is more commuter than canyon carver. Overall pretty happy with the AS3+ but it's not entirely performance centered.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
The Firestone indy 500's are highly rated for our car it seems as the performance to price ratio is unmatched.

I almost went with them but decided to get something with more treadwesr as the car is more commuter than canyon carver. Overall pretty happy with the AS3+ but it's not entirely performance centered.
Thank you very much. Just out of curiosity, how to the OEM Potenza's. Are they any good?

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
They're pretty good performance wise but expensive to replace. Also they wear out fairly quickly unfortunately.
Yeah I noticed. I'm at 8000 miles and the tires are dead. Seems kinda quick, but I've never had a FWD car before so maybe that's why.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Well if you could find HP summers with a good tread pattern that ejects water that would be great!
Yeah that's the dream... High performance, good with water with extreme durability and good gas...

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thank you very much. Just out of curiosity, how to the OEM Potenza's. Are they any good?
I agree with Spork1569. I think they give the ultimate in handling and quick turn in for our car, which after all is what it was designed for. However, besides being expensive and not lasting that long, they also ride very hard.
I have the Firestone Indy 500s now, I think they are about 90% as good, but they do give up that last little bit of steering quickness and feel. Because of that, I will be tempted to go back to the Potenzas after the Firestones wear out, even with all their drawbacks.

If I lived in Florida I would be looking at summer only tires, but thats me. When I shop summer tires longevity and noise are at or near the bottom of my list of concerns. Dry grip, break away characteristics, and wet weather grip are much higher up the list.

I use the car as a daily and take it on trips. I want to get the performance out of on the daily but also dont want it to be hydroplaning machine on a rainy road trip. The noise can be annoying but if the car is modded up with exhaust and such that usually blends into everything else for me as an annoyance or more "person!lity".

By all accounts the Indy 500's sound like they are a very good budget priced option. Pilot Sports and the OE Bridgestones are expensive but but both very good or near the best all around. Then you have the super grippy more track oriented but still steetable tires. Different price ranges there too in the near R compound stuff.

IMO you need to think about your priorities and what you want and dont want out of the tire. Set a price point, or dont, and start doing some research. TireRacks' in house testing and their customer reviews can be very helpful. There also some pretty good YouTube tire reviews and comparos with real testing data.

I think tire shopping is fun. Spend some time and make it interesting for yourself.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Tires are kinda subjective, RE50’s are ok RE71”S are better. Toyo Proxess 888R are insane if you can get them heated up enough.
Federal 595 RSR’s are sticky as well . Falken Azenis RT615 are pretty good too. All of these tires smoke Indy 500’s Indy 500’s are a cheap decent tire. I would never put them on my car though.