Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

In your opinion, what is the overall best tire?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Unfortunately, I tried to rotate them but the shop said it was too late since the fronts were so worn. The backs are basically perfect...
Interest my fronts were toasty and Ford rotated for me no problem. :ROFLMAO: They did put the tread depth at 4/32 and notes of tread damage :ROFLMAO: thiis is after 6 thousand miles and several canyon runs. To say I push my tires ehhh could be an understatement. I am hoping to squeeze 10k out of the set lol .

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
~3 season summer??

The Michelin Pilot Super Sports/4Ses, but of course that company, in all of their infinite wisdom, just REFUSES to manufacture that tire in a size we could really use, with NO rubbing, regardless of ride height. [:(] [mad]

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Unfortunately, I tried to rotate them but the shop said it was too late since the fronts were so worn. The backs are basically perfect...
If that's the case, just grab 2 new re50a tires off of Tire Rack for the front and be done with it! Seriously!

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros

Anyone have experience with Federal EVOLUZION ST-1 in stock size? They are dirt cheap and look like Pilot super sports. Cant really find any legitimate reviews of the tire.
I've been using these tire's the past 4 months in pretty nice (80deg) weather, in the texas heat 105deg+ (past month) and in rain storms. Grip is high but the sidewalls are SUPER SOFT. The car becomes numb and extremely quiet. You turn the wheel, THEN the car goes. Very frustrating. This compound is so quiet that it barely makes scrubbing noises in a full drift (I tried it). 6.8 out of 10 grip in the wet (not scary/is catch-able). doesn't hydroplane so far (3/10ths left). NOT recommended. My car gets driven between 200-500 miles a day for work. I've been through many different tires. PM me if u need help in the future.

I go through A LOT of tires. HANDS DOWN Generals haven't been beat.. by that much lol.. Compaired to stock and the Michelin Pilot series which were my favorites, The G-Max AS 05's and the RS's were INSANE. In the all season game the AS05's are really really good in the dry and awesome in the wet AND ICE. Driving/turning response is super good. Almost or as quick as the stock Bridgestone Summer that the car came with. As for summer/anything other than snow/ice; the G-max RS's were AWESOME! At a track event a few months ago a guy in front of me blew his engine and I got oil all over my RE71's, so I had to put my stock wheels back on that had the RS's on them. My times were within a tenth and lasted the whole weekend. Oh, and thats another thing,. These things LAST. As soon as these garbage Federals are done I'm going back to Gmax's LOL. Oh, and if your cars lowered, the RS's will rub a little on higher speed bumps when your turning. other than that it clears just fine.

I can vouch for the RE71R's I'm running them in 225/50/16 for autocross and the grip is phenomenal. They also last a pretty decent amount of time. Road noise is a bit loud but thats minor.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Just buy 2 new ones and rotate this time!
Haha, that's what I said! Except the rotation part, lol. I was gonna mention that, but figured he would know better going forward.

As long as you are matching a pair together (front or rear), mixing rubber is not an issue.

When I had my wrx, I was paranoid about having equal treads all around, but that was awd. One of the reasons I sold it actually. Having a blowout could be a costly venture. But on a fwd or rwd car, as long as you replace the drive wheel tires in pairs, you are good to go.

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros

I use the Indy 500 for street only. They have little traction in the rain as I discovered yesterday. Mine are new too.. Theyā€™re ok performance wise but they roll when pushed in a turn. Straight line pull seems ok to me.
I would have to agree with this assessment. I switched from oem Bridgestones to the Indy 500ā€™s 3 days ago. The cat-like reflexes are gone. The ability to change directions so effortlessly is lost with the soft sidewall. Iā€™m actually pretty shocked that a 40 series sidewall could feel so soft.

On the flip side they are twice as comfortable as the re50. I saw another member say the 500s are 90% as good and a lot more comfortable. I would disagree, I think it is directly proportional i.e. they are twice as comfortable and half as good as turning in. In the end I wanted a more comfortable livable tire for the 98% if the time I am not in the canyons.

It does change the character of the car a lot though. If I was 10 years younger and didnā€™t have regular back pain I would stick with factory tires.

The big drawback with the oem tires for me was the tendency to tram line and follow every rut on the road. 500s donā€™t have this tendency and do seem to grip hard and pull in a straight line.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #53
Tires are kinda subjective, RE50ā€™s are ok RE71ā€S are better. Toyo Proxess 888R are insane if you can get them heated up enough.
Federal 595 RSRā€™s are sticky as well . Falken Azenis RT615 are pretty good too. All of these tires smoke Indy 500ā€™s Indy 500ā€™s are a cheap decent tire. I would never put them on my car though.
Sorry to bring this up again, but you say the RE71's are better, but Tirerack says they won't fit my car. Is that correct or are you running a different rim to make it fit? After I get two new OEM tires and they're all worn, I will probably either go for the RE71's or the Michelin PS4's

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Sorry to bring this up again, but you say the RE71's are better, but Tirerack says they won't fit my car. Is that correct or are you running a different rim to make it fit? After I get two new OEM tires and they're all worn, I will probably either go for the RE71's or the Michelin PS4's
Tire rack says a lot of shit does not fit our cars lol. if you followed Tire rack you would never put 8 inch wide wheels on our cars or 225/45/16ā€™s or even 215/45/16ā€™s Tire Rack stays as close to factory specs as possible because they do not want to be sued. They also cater to people that know absolutely nothing about tires and wheels hence why they try to sell people whole the package.

Last edited:
OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55
Tire rack says a lot of shit does not fit our cars lol. if you followed Tire rack you would never put 8 inch wide wheels on our cars or 225/45/16ā€™s or even 213/45/16ā€™s Tire Rack stays as close to factory specs as possible because they do not want to be sued. They also cater to people that know absolutely nothing about tires and wheels hence why they try to sell people whole the package.
Thank you so much! So they'll fit on the stock wheel? After my current tires go, I almost definitely get those tires. Just out of curiosity, what are the widest tires you can fit on the car?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thank you so much! After my current tires go, I almost definitely get those tires. Just out of curiosity, what are the widest tires you can fit on the car?
some people run 225/45 usually you need a roll at least or it will probably rub on a 16. On a 17 you are looking at 215/40 215/45 will rub on a 17.
You might get away wider with a 15 but to run 9 inch wheels requires body finessing or flares with cut and weld. Then the door magically opnes to do running some wide wheels and tires and much lower offsets.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #57
some people run 225/45 usually you need a roll at least or it will probably rub on a 16. On a 17 you are looking at 215/40 215/45 will rub on a 17.
You might get away wider with a 15 but to run 9 inch wheels requires body finessing or flares with cut and weld. Then the door magically opnes to do running some wide wheels and tires and much lower offsets.
Since I'm stupid, can you explain what the numbers mean? for the "215/40" I imagine the 215 is the mm width of the tire, but what about the 40? And what exactly do you mean by roll?