Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Insane Fiesta ERX

You just beat me to posting this! Insane that that is "our" car in a small way haha!

Too bad we'll probably never get an electric FiST (at least here in North America)....

I think electric would be pretty sweet! Can't argue with the torque. It would be fun to have one of each (combustion and electric). It's like motorcycles: is one, or even a dozen, enough to satisfy?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Like the sticker on the back says, "Tire SLAYER"! LOL

There was talk years ago of World Rallycross going FULL electric, and I guess it is only some of the teams' reluctance to commit to it/pushback on that, which has prevented that already.
The WRC is MANDATING hybrids for the 2022 season, so that will be 'interesting'.

The sound is kind of weird, but much better than dead silence, and it's almost like a very high pitched sequential gearbox noise, so it sort of 'fits'. [thumb] [wink]

Hard to argue with that instantaneous HIGH torque though, and the resultant, better than rocket sled, acceleration! [driving]

The WRC is MANDATING hybrids for the 2022 season, so that will be 'interesting'.
I know that Europe is getting a hybrid Fiesta and Focus late next year but I haven't seen anything about a hot hatch version. If/when a hot hatch hybrid does come out I wonder how many of the current mods we have available now will work out of the box or will the ST market have to start from pretty much scrap to get to where we are today in terms of price/availability of modding them.

The eyes of Neil riding shotgun was priceless :LOL::ROFLMAO:

It's going to be a new experience watching rallycross going all electric but they had 3 on the line at the FIA World RX in Sweden. You do miss the pops of the exhaust and sound of the engine.

Mikey456

You just beat me to posting this! Insane that that is "our" car in a small way haha!

Too bad we'll probably never get an electric FiST (at least here in North America)....
I think the closest thing [to our cars] is the Chevy Bolt. The question is... if you could modify and build a more exciting Bolt? I don’t know.

Business6

Honestly electric does nothing for me. It's cool seeing that performance but there's no character whatsoever.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Honestly electric does nothing for me. It's cool seeing that performance but there's no character whatsoever.
Yup. I have a Nissan Leaf. It is a great commuter, just like my refrigerator is awesome at keeping my food cold and my dishwasher does a great job cleaning dishes; it is a soulless appliance that I really appreciate. My FiST, on the other hand, brings me joy.

I've driven a Tesla S. Is it a very fast, very comfortable dish washer. I'd probably prefer it to my Leaf for my commute (save the douchey vibe). But don't touch my FiST.