Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Insight on Trading a 2011 WRX for 2015 Fiesta ST

Tanm

Hi everyone, I’m new to the thread here and just have a quick question about value on a trade I’m considering. I know this is a ST forum so some of the responses will be a little biased but I’m leaning towards completing this transaction anyways.

To sum it up I’ve been offered a straight trade for my 2011 WRX hatchback. Some info about the vehicles are as follows:

2015 Fiesta ST
Completely stock except for some minor cosmetic upgrades and interior upgrades like weather tech mats, and RA mudflaps.
47,000km
No accidents
2 sets of wheels both with relatively new rubber
Full navigation and moonroof package
Outside of car and inside of car in immaculate condition
Black colour

2011 WRX Hatchback
Completely stock except for some minor cosmetic upgrades
95,000km
One accident valued at less than $1,500
2 sets of wheels both with summer set requiring replacement very soon
Base package
Outside of car and inside of car in immaculate condition
Blue colour

My only real concern is the value of the trade. I know that some of the 2015 ST’s can be found for pretty cheap. Would I be better off just selling my Subaru separately and then purchasing an ST or does the value of the trade here weight in my favour? I know that the Subaru will hold it’s value better than the ST but at the current moment would it be wise to compete the trade?

I will most likely follow through with the trade regardless but looking to get some insight. Both cars are in excellent working mechanical condition. The Subaru would need potential work in the future where as I don’t see any potential issues with the ST.

Thanks!
Tan

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
In your opinion how much could you get for your car realistically?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Although I have not checked any bluebook values, I personally think 4-5 year old Fiesta ST with 30,000 miles w/o any accident is worth more than 8-9 year old WRX with 60,000 miles with one accident. I would go ahead with the trade if I were you.

Although I have not checked any bluebook values, I personally think 4-5 year old Fiesta ST with 30,000 miles w/o any accident is worth more than 8-9 year old WRX with 60,000 miles with one accident. I would go ahead with the trade if I were you.
I’m not so sure about that. Those 2011 hatchbacks with the wide fenders are highly sought after. Honestly I’d sell it and get a 2016+ to make sure you get android auto/apple CarPlay.

Have you had a chance to drive a FiST?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not so sure about that. Those 2011 hatchbacks with the wide fenders are highly sought after. Honestly I’d sell it and get a 2016+ to make sure you get android auto/apple CarPlay.

You might be right. I had never paid too much attention to non-STI WRX, but it seems to be a lot more car than I thought it was. The hatchback version is pretty nice also.

OP
T

Tanm

Thread Starter #7

Ya my brother has a 2015 that Ive gotten the chance to drive and it is super fun. I have noticed they lose value quite quickly though relative to my Subaru so thats why Im hesitant to do the trade. As far as costs to run the car though the FiST will be significantly cheaper.

I've owned both (and currently own a 19 FiST).

Personally, the Subaru will be worth more / hold its value, but will certainly be more expensive in the event of a failure (they are known to last >200k, easily).

It depends on what your goals are: If you're planning to keep it stock-ish, keep the Subaru. I build my own engines and I had a 2003 with ~$60k in it; they are expensive to mod and detonation-prone. For pure fun-factor and handling, my FiST would destroy my Subaru, and it was a JDM v8 STi-RA conversion (though much, much slower).

Hope this helps.