Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

So I tested everything out and went on a drive, man they were aimed way way way too low, so I adjusted my drivers side first just trying to match where my stock headlights were aimed and that was easy for the drivers side. The passenger side...not so much. Im going to have to get it replaced due to the fact that the adjuster will not do anything. You can feel it kind of binding. Its aimed way too low and I cant make it raise or lower. Totally frustrating. After all this. Going to email the guy on ebay. At least the wiring part is out of the way but now ill need to wait another two weeks and hopefully get a working light.

Last edited:
So I ordered the TYC lights and they came today. I rewired the harness, and everything works. Well I forgot to get turn signal bulbs but other than that they work..

I installed my passenger light fine but my drivers side light will not install. I am not able to move the rear of the light far nought back to actually make it snap in. The front snaps in fine and I am sliding the bottom plastic thing back and forwards it makes no difference. I've rocked the light in but I need to get that little tab in the rear into the hole.

I ended up having to just remove some of the plastic and it fit perfect.
Yeah, I had the same problem when I installed mine. I had the actual Ford Euro ones and I started with the driver side and couldn't figure out why it was so hard to install then I tried the passenger side and it slide right in. Not sure why the driver side does not budge. I need to adjust mine as well but I've been lazy, they don't seem that bad. What tools do you need to adjust them?

Yeah, I had the same problem when I installed mine. I had the actual Ford Euro ones and I started with the driver side and couldn't figure out why it was so hard to install then I tried the passenger side and it slide right in. Not sure why the driver side does not budge. I need to adjust mine as well but I've been lazy, they don't seem that bad. What tools do you need to adjust them?
For vertical adjustment there is a 7mm hex but mine also has a Phillips head slot inside.

My problem now is the passenger side light is too low.. My adjuster doesn't work at all.. So I'm working with the seller from ebay to replace it but he's being a hard head wanting me to get a mechanic to diagnose it. Lol. It's defective.

For vertical adjustment there is a 7mm hex but mine also has a Phillips head slot inside.

My problem now is the passenger side light is too low.. My adjuster doesn't work at all.. So I'm working with the seller from ebay to replace it but he's being a hard head wanting me to get a mechanic to diagnose it. Lol. It's defective.
Open up the cover for the bulbs and make sure the ball hasn't popped out of the adjuster. You might be able to just pop it back in

brbauer2

Open up the cover for the bulbs and make sure the ball hasn't popped out of the adjuster. You might be able to just pop it back in

How hard was it for you to get the cover off??? I had tried a retrofit for my '12 SE and those lights had to be cut open.

Currently running the OEM Ford LHD Projectors. Want to get in and play with the adjustment level.

When I turn the adjuster on the back (the 7mm hex) I can watch the white plastic piston thing sit still while the rear of it moves slightly but just goes back to where it was. Something is binding inside of that.

I'm reluctant to take the headlights apart to check those two spots but if I wedge a screwdriver inside the lights via the highbeams porthole I can get the beams to raise but they just go back down. I need to extend that plastic piston somehow.

Oh and I actually popped the ball out of the adjuster on purpose to force the light to aim just a little bit higher until I have time to swap my OEM headlights back in.

When I turn the adjuster on the back (the 7mm hex) I can watch the white plastic piston thing sit still while the rear of it moves slightly but just goes back to where it was. Something is binding inside of that.

I'm reluctant to take the headlights apart to check those two spots but if I wedge a screwdriver inside the lights via the highbeams porthole I can get the beams to raise but they just go back down. I need to extend that plastic piston somehow.

Oh and I actually popped the ball out of the adjuster on purpose to force the light to aim just a little bit higher until I have time to swap my OEM headlights back in.
that sounds like the motor for the electric height adjustment is DOA. opening will not fix it.

How hard was it for you to get the cover off??? I had tried a retrofit for my '12 SE and those lights had to be cut open.

Currently running the OEM Ford LHD Projectors. Want to get in and play with the adjustment level.
these are TYC versions, I bought them to retrofit hoping they wouldn't be permaseal and they are a very easy to work with silicone type glue. Took 5 minutes with a head gun.

that sounds like the motor for the electric height adjustment is DOA. opening will not fix it.
Exactly.. I thought that if I could pull on the white piece while turning the adjuster I could free it up but it did nothing :(. I really regret buying these things, im having to fight with the guy on ebay to get it replaced.

Exactly.. I thought that if I could pull on the white piece while turning the adjuster I could free it up but it did nothing :(. I really regret buying these things, im having to fight with the guy on ebay to get it replaced.
Here are some pics of mine, I thought you adjust through the motor but I am incorrect. It is on a threaded shaft and "could" pop off. See photos, you might be able to fix through the low beam and high beam holes.

The whole motor slides on the shaft

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Wow ok so this makes more sense, since when I was turning the adjustment the whole black/tan piece would move and then just stop moving like it was stuck. The white piston thing never moves like I thought it did.

Thanks for the pictures, I might just try and see if I can do anything about it through the highbeam hole.

I've been prying and pushing on that motor and I'm able to see the shaft spinning and the whole assembly will move forward some. But once I let go from pushing the rear of it, it pops back into its old place.

This is bizarre. I found a video on YouTube from someone else with the same exact issue with the same headlight. Idk what his solution was. But I'm hoping my replacement comes soon and is functional. Otherwise I'll just have to get the OEM lights.

I would love to make this one work in the mean time without having to open it up.

If definitely feels like it's on the screw.. I can't wrap my head around why it would let me push it forward but when I remove the pressure it pops back unless the screw is stripped. It looks like it's plastic too.

Guys if you want buy the European headlights I can help you more cip 450$ in very good condition almost like new .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well the new headlamp came with the same exact issue. Id have to recommend AGAINST TYC.. however I might have gotten lucky with this one, it appears to be aimed exactly where it needs to be aimed.

Here is a picture of the first headlamps motor/piston:

Here is a picture of the headlamp I received today:

And a video showing what happens when I turn the vertical adjuster:
https://youtu.be/QGL-Jb7PQUA

You can see that it starts to move up and then pops down again. Does this "issue" plague the OEM projectors? Is it normal to have no adjustment on the passenger side since the euro cars have the motors to adjust the lights? Its odd my drivers side lamp adjusts fine, and the motor/piston has the extra plastic making it look like a + sign just like the new lamp I got today.

Hey guys,

What's the brightest H7 bulb you can get? Well I mean without doing LED or anything else just a simple halogen bulb.

I currently have the VOSLA H7 55W +120 "Superbrite" but I'm actually wondering if there's something more 'cooler' in the color temp to sorta match the light from the DRL LEDs? Thanks

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Hey guys,

What's the brightest H7 bulb you can get? Well I mean without doing LED or anything else just a simple halogen bulb.

I currently have the VOSLA H7 55W +120 "Superbrite" but I'm actually wondering if there's something more 'cooler' in the color temp to sorta match the light from the DRL LEDs? Thanks
What color temp are the ones that you have now?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I have the opportunity to buy the headlights with a family member in Portugal. However I Would like to know if these works:

“para circulação pela direita”
According with my basic Portuguese I might think are for RHD (?) although in Portugal the driver side is the same as Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk