Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installed Boomba transmission adapter + bracket bushings...

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Yeah I have the bushing and the plate and going into 3rd just hesitates like 80% of the time. I don't know what's up. But I'll do that suggestion with my mechanic next time I take it in. I've grinded 3rd a good many times because I won't go into gear smoothly.
That is strange. We don't have reports of this happening to anyone else. Keep an eye on it and let us know what you find to be the issue. My best guess would be that something would have to be binding somewhere.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That is strange. We don't have reports of this happening to anyone else. Keep an eye on it and let us know what you find to be the issue. My best guess would be that something would have to be binding somewhere.
I'll update the thread after next week. I don't know what it is; it just hesitates a lot of times going into 3rd. I'll do the cable adjustment and report back. To be honest I don't remember how it felt before the shift plate, so I can't really say it's the shift plate anyway.

Make sure the screws on the plate are tight and lube up the shifter with white lithium grease at the contact spots.

I'll update the thread after next week. I don't know what it is; it just hesitates a lot of times going into 3rd. I'll do the cable adjustment and report back. To be honest I don't remember how it felt before the shift plate, so I can't really say it's the shift plate anyway.
Any updates where you able to do the cable adjustment?