Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installed: cougar led lights low beam and hella yellow bulb fogs h11 (for both hulbs) view from in front and from driver's seat view

I was never a fan of led bulbs in halogen housings,but after reading about the write up about the cougar bulbs I ordered mine and its getting delivered Monday.Hopefully I like the cutoff cuz I hate blinding oncoming traffic.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I was never a fan of led bulbs in halogen housings,but after reading about the write up about the cougar bulbs I ordered mine and its getting delivered Monday.Hopefully I like the cutoff cuz I hate blinding oncoming traffic.
That's why I started that other thread over a year ago. It had gotten to the point where they were finally realizing they simply had to place the LED chips at the same distance on the stalk as where the halogen filament sits so that then works properly with anti glare cap to get proper cutoff and throw distance. You still should make sure to check out the Bulb Fact charts, the Cougar X Small and TechMax mini after the 2 confirmed to work best in the stock reflector housing

Last edited:

Negi

How the hell did you guys make the pas side bulbs to fit,for the life of me I couldn't make it work as its a little too big.And yes I got the cougar X-small.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
How the hell did you guys make the pas side bulbs to fit,for the life of me I couldn't make it work as its a little too big.And yes I got the cougar X-small.
Did you take out the headlight off of the car? You should be able to angle them in there but if you need to you might have to trim the opening ring just a tiny bit and then use domed covers with them... but no, the Cougar X Small are actually 1mm smaller than the TechMax that people manage to get in there, they should fit...

OP
whartman77
Thread Starter #11
Yeh, I didn't have to trim the ring, but I did have to remove the main housing. I also left the connector unplugged while fitting the bulb and then just had to maneuver my fingers a bit to get the plug attached once the bulb was in; still quite a tight fit, but that's what I had to do.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So the driver side was a breeze.Passenger side i trimmed the plastic piece to make it fit flush.Not sure if Ford messed up something at the factory lol.Will post more pics tonight.
OK, glad you got them to fit, good job on trimming just enough like that to keep the outer ring... I don't worry about rear covers personally, haven't had issues with water but 75mm domed rear covers are only like $8 or something if you want them

Negi

OK, glad you got them to fit, good job on trimming just enough like that to keep the outer ring... I don't worry about rear covers personally, haven't had issues with water but 75mm domed rear covers are only like $8 or something if you want them
What do you think of the cutoff,Driver side ok or should i aim it a little lower ?

Attachments

danbfree

3000 Post Club
What do you think of the cutoff,Driver side ok or should i aim it a little lower ?
Looks good, especially if you can compare mentally to how it was before with halogens, you'll see that with *good* LED's you only have to aim those down a tiny bit... and yes, DOT standard is for passenger side to be a little higher than driver side.. Also, I know that phone camera's can make these lights look a little brighter, but damn bro, that looks great!

I remember seeing a picture with these and the installed orientation drastically changed the beam pattern. How are these supposed to be correctly indexed?