Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALLED - Meister R Coilovers/ Impressions, Pics, Etc.

Ok so I laid my phone on my passenger seat and on my way in I got 77 - 81 db highway(60 - 70mph), 72-75db(30-35mph), and 65db idling. So just for me, I think it just confirms for me to go down to softer motor mounts, because I’ve been thinking about it for a while since the noise is just a bit too much at times.
Right, so that matches my measurements except I was getting around 55db when idling. I think this makes sense because I'm on stock motor mounts. At highway speeds that noise component is likely overwhelmed by road noise which would explain why you're getting the same 81dB as I do. Thanks for testing this!

Interesting. With the Meister R's and all stock motor mounts, except a Whoosh street spec RMM, my noise levels are essentially exactly the same as stock.
Which tires are you running? Would you mind taking the same noise measurements so that we can compare?

@Dpro To reply to your post in the other thread, do you mind running the same sound test in your car at highway speeds? Sounds like you're the perfect person to do it 🙏 Would be amazing if you happen to have something more professional and calibrated than an iPhone app too!

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
@Dpro To reply to your post in the other thread, do you mind running the same sound test in your car at highway speeds? Sounds like you're the perfect person to do it 🙏 Would be amazing if you happen to have something more professional and calibrated than an iPhone app too!
Yes I will as I do have db meter on my Iphone already. I mean yes I do have a room calibration mic but ya that’s not going to my car . Though I also have a calibration mic specifically for the Iphone or use with the Iphone apps I could try.