Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installed the CP-E Rear Motor Mount

Hey gang,

Newbie here. I installed the CP-E rear motor mount I had ordered from Whoosh last night.

Holy cow can I say I am impressed. I was honestly a little scared it was going to shake my car around at idle, but with A/C full blast at idle I could not tell a difference nor could my fiance from the stock mount. I had a CP-E race mount on my mazdaspeed3 way back when, and it was instantly noticeable and harsh. This thing is butter. I torqued the bolts to 52 ft-lbs per CP-E, and wow is that a lot lighter than I thought it would be. I wonder if some people are just tightening the beans out of their mounts without a torque wrench causing extra vibrations to transfer.

The shifting feel is so much more solid. I hooned it around a little bit last night after install, no more 1-2 motor knock/slap noise, and the shifter just feels like it should. Wheels feel a bit more planted as well.

I am loving it. I see why it was a bit more expensive, they put effort into that special rubber they have in it.

Hey gang,

Newbie here. I installed the CP-E rear motor mount I had ordered from Whoosh last night.

Holy cow can I say I am impressed. I was honestly a little scared it was going to shake my car around at idle, but with A/C full blast at idle I could not tell a difference nor could my fiance from the stock mount. I had a CP-E race mount on my mazdaspeed3 way back when, and it was instantly noticeable and harsh. This thing is butter. I torqued the bolts to 52 ft-lbs per CP-E, and wow is that a lot lighter than I thought it would be. I wonder if some people are just tightening the beans out of their mounts without a torque wrench causing extra vibrations to transfer.

The shifting feel is so much more solid. I hooned it around a little bit last night after install, no more 1-2 motor knock/slap noise, and the shifter just feels like it should. Wheels feel a bit more planted as well.

I am loving it. I see why it was a bit more expensive, they put effort into that special rubber they have in it.
First purchase for me as well and seriously a must for these cars. Likewise on not having increased vibration

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had a new CP-E RMM in hand even before I took delivery of the car.

But this past winter, it got severely 'buzzy' and two fold in NVH over where it was in the past for some reason, so I swapped it out for the VibraTechnics one, which is even milder as far as NVH goes.

Last edited:
Pick the mount of your choice and it really should be the first thing done to these cars. I stuck the Whoosh RMM on it 2 weeks after purchase and my first thought was if this was stock I would not know it wasn't and it feels "right".

haste

1000 Post Club
Almost 70k miles on my CPE mount with no issues. It is a little buzzy/vibratey when starting from a stop but, otherwise is great. I put an eye on it every time I change the oil and it still looks like new.