Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installing Focus ST3 full leather Recaros in Fiesta ST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
A little too far just for some seats, over 1000 miles away
So? Road trip it man....I'd do it if I wanted them...imagine the memories you would form on the trip! I've done it...its a blast!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

A7xogg

So? Road trip it man....I'd do it if I wanted them...imagine the memories you would form on the trip! I've done it...its a blast!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
May or may not have gotten lucky.I dont kknow when ill know exactly but someone might be joining the club

A7xogg

I got the driver's side installed. I had an auto upholstery shop do the seat frame an airbag swap of the Standard ST seat to the FoST 3 full leather Recaro so I can't tell how hard it was they said it was a bit of a challenge and took one of there guys the better part of the day to do it. No airbag light and everything works as it should so I'm happy.

Do you slide around in the leathers when taking corners? how well do they hold you in?

A7xogg

Just to update this thread. I picked up a set of st2 seats from lkq auto parts for $300. Now lkq is a salvage yard corporation that is all over the country. What is good about that? They can get parts from other yards and ship it to your closest yard! And they do ship locally but i didnt get the details about that, the local lkq was close enough for me to drive and with both rear seats down, the recaros fit in the back.

Do you slide around in the leathers when taking corners? how well do they hold you in?
[MENTION=5213]A7xogg[/MENTION] the seat hold you in great, I would say that the Recaro’s are a little less comfortable than the base cloth seats but it is only noticeable on multiple hour long road trips. I’m very happy with the upgrade.

A7xogg

[MENTION=5213]A7xogg[/MENTION] the seat hold you in great, I would say that the Recaro’s are a little less comfortable than the base cloth seats but it is only noticeable on multiple hour long road trips. I’m very happy with the upgrade.
Thanks for the update! The lkqcorp had the st2 seats listed as full leather and on my old civic i did a s2k seat upgrade but since they were full leather you slid out of them even with their great bulsters.

As far as my $.02 goes for these seats, go find a set and sit in them before you buy them. Im 5'11" 180 with a 33" waist and They fit me perfect. To me they are 100 times more comfortable than the base seats, but if you dont sit with perfect or close to perfect posture these seats make ur back hurt while the stock seats dont. So i get why people say these seats hurt on long trips. Probably cause your starting to scoot down into the seat without even realizing it. There very supportive for my body figure everywhere the side and leg bulsters hold me in perfect without squeezing me and i sit at a much better angle than i did with the base seats( the base seats are flat while the recaros have more of an angle to them which supports ur legs and gives you more room). If you go through this thread you can see what im talking about as far as the angle goes. Thanks to the OP for this thread!

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Someone asked if a pair would fit in the back of a FiST. The answer there is yes. I have a photo, just not uploaded to an image sharing site as of yet. But yes two will fit in the back.

Just to update this thread. I picked up a set of st2 seats from lkq auto parts for $300. Now lkq is a salvage yard corporation that is all over the country. What is good about that? They can get parts from other yards and ship it to your closest yard! And they do ship locally but i didnt get the details about that, the local lkq was close enough for me to drive and with both rear seats down, the recaros fit in the back.
How and what did you search? I just tried looking and can't find poop. Did you search on the main site or on their "pick your part" site?

I know they have a location right around my work as I see multiple tucks throughout the day.

A7xogg

How and what did you search? I just tried looking and can't find poop. Did you search on the main site or on their "pick your part" site?

I know they have a location right around my work as I see multiple tucks throughout the day.
http://www.lkqcorp.com/en-us/Inventory-Search
That's what I used. They say they have a set in salisburg nc

I guess I was looking at a newer model year. Did you call them to get pics? Not sure I want to drive an hour for them to have something in bad shape.

A7xogg

I guess I was looking at a newer model year. Did you call them to get pics? Not sure I want to drive an hour for them to have something in bad shape.
I ended up driving there, and they pulled up pics on their website. I'm pretty sure they can pull up pics + there not gonna put shitty parts on their inventory (there parts have warranties and go to advanced Auto/ shops)

I ended up driving there, and they pulled up pics on their website. I'm pretty sure they can pull up pics + there not gonna put shitty parts on their inventory (there parts have warranties and go to advanced Auto/ shops)
Never knew about this site, just found 3 sets of recaros near me from $150-$175

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just won a set of ST3 recaros on eBay for 350 bucks! Yaay me, now to get them and start the swap. Will do the airbag swap and wire up the heaters. I think I might order a set of buttons and wiring for the stock Fiesta heated seats and see if can adapt them.
did you ever get around to hooking up the seat heaters?

So i just started doing my own Recaro swap over and found out that some of, I think, the Focus ST2? Leather and cloth design that looks like it belongs in the Fiesta ST, does NOT have the same base as my 2017 Fiesta base seats. The Recaro I have is MUCH beefier and the front stamped portion is entirely different. Ill be modifying my existing seat pan to fit the plastic bolster, but be aware that this may happen with some of the newer Fiestas and older Recaro swaps. I think my Recaros came out of a 2014. Wish I could find a way to use the Recaro seat frame though.

Just ordered a seat off of eBay and will try this soon myself. Any tricky parts I should be careful of? Will try getting the Recaro apart before I open up my current driver seat.

So here are some pictures of my 2017 Fiesta ST passenger seat on the right, and the leather/cloth, manual adjustment Recaro out of a focus on the left. You can see that the bases are radically different, so much so that the stock seat is about an inch narrower than the Recaro base for bolting the back of the seat on. I also had to hack the First pan to work, when ultimately it didn't. Airbags swapped, cover and bolster swapped, but ultimately the swap was a failure.

I would recommend taking apart your passenger seat and going straight to the base to see if it is the same as the Recaro base before purchasing a set of Recaros. Make sure your seats are swappable before putting on the money for a set.

I'll have this clean set of Recaros for sale in a couple weeks if someone is interested. Going to be away and don't have time to swap everything back before then. Good luck guys.

I guess no pics for some reason... Try an Imgur link? Recaros are on the top of the side by side pic

https://imgur.com/a/9sa6K0D

So here are some pictures of my 2017 Fiesta ST passenger seat on the right, and the leather/cloth, manual adjustment Recaro out of a focus on the left. You can see that the bases are radically different, so much so that the stock seat is about an inch narrower than the Recaro base for bolting the back of the seat on. I also had to hack the First pan to work, when ultimately it didn't. Airbags swapped, cover and bolster swapped, but ultimately the swap was a failure.

I would recommend taking apart your passenger seat and going straight to the base to see if it is the same as the Recaro base before purchasing a set of Recaros. Make sure your seats are swappable before putting on the money for a set.

I'll have this clean set of Recaros for sale in a couple weeks if someone is interested. Going to be away and don't have time to swap everything back before then. Good luck guys.

I guess no pics for some reason... Try an Imgur link? Recaros are on the top of the side by side pic

https://imgur.com/a/9sa6K0D
Wow! Sorry you ran into issues, what year were the FoST recaros out of?

Wow! Sorry you ran into issues, what year were the FoST recaros out of?
I want to say a 2014? Cant remember TBH. This is defintely a Fiesta based problem, not a FoST Recaro problem.

The FoST Recaros have the "correct" base from the page 7 DIY post, its my 2017 stock Fiesta ST seats that are different.

My thought is that Ford was simply buying the Recaro base, then also buying the plastic bolster and the Recaro seat back, then simply putting them together at the factory with that beefier Recaro base when they got an order for the Recaro seat option. In the mean time, all they had to design and build was a seat back that attached to the Recaro base for when the package was not ordered. Since very few people were ordering the $2000 option on a $20,000 car, Ford simply bought a few full Recaros for the option package, and just started putting the ST upholstry on a base model seat :(

And Nick, Im not out of it yet. Im working on getting a set that will work. Will update and reveal my secret if and when it works :). Its all in motion, just have to be patient, which Im not good at :p

So i was able to track down a bolt in set of Fiesta Recaros for a great price. So my FoST Recaros are for sale. The passenger seat will come disassembled because I need to get my stock airbag out of the seat back, and you'll need to swap yours in.