Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

installing the pierce motorsport STREET package

has anyone tried installing the PM street package in their driveway? any troubles?

if yes: what should i look out for and what tools should i have ready

if no: should i just have it installed professionally? (wonder how much the install would be :| )

thanks everyone

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I did the race package:

You'll need a set of metric sockets, a jack, and stands.

The rear torsion bar was a piece of cake. It took more time to get the car on stands than it did to install. If it's a tight fit use the bolts (without the lock washers in order to give more thread bite) to "walk" the bar into the axel and, then, pull them out to install the lock washers and tighten. I used the street version to add some roll stiffness but I may update to the race version.

The strut tower brace wasn't too bad. You'll need skinny fingers to get at the rear strut nuts but that's par for the course in modern cars. I *really* don't like the way the driver's side mounts. You can try to level the mounting surface a tad with the included washers, but I'm probably going to pull mine off and get the Monotune version. I'd install it with the wheels loaded to avoid the strut hats from walking around.

I have the 6-point lower brace - I think that the street version of PM's kits comes with the 4-point. My install was a bit of a PITA, but for the right reasons. My cross member was shifted such that I had to loosen all of the bolts and use a hunk of teflon dowel to pry to x-member back to where it belonged in order to install the brace. You won't have this problem with the 4-point. Because the brace rigidly locates the x-member to the chassis I really like it - no more crooked steering wheel after hard autocross runs.

Now, some uninvited advice:
Get the torsion bar - I like the way it helps the car to rotate, cheap, easy install.
Get a different strut tower brace for the reasons I stated above. Or, buy mine and I'll get a different brace! ;)
Get the 6-point lower brace *or* the 2-point. I don't think that the 4-point does anything over the 2-point. And, again, I love my 6-point.

MPA

I did the street package on ramps.

Strut bar is a lot easier to install if you remove the cowl - didn't take me too long to do.

2 pt - Do one side at a time. Impact really helps remove them fast. Torque for the bolts from the manual (per D1JL) is "Front to 63 Nm then 180 degrees." which is about 46ft/lbs + the 180*

Torsion brace - I used a rubber mallet to help get it in place

2 point is doable in your driveway. I had a hard time doing the 6 point in my driveway though and borrowed a hoist to do it.

OP
K
Thread Starter #6
okay so definitely doable. I guess i need a torque wrench D: I appreciate all of your help