Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Interested in 16x8 Pro Race 1.2 wheels? Reply here!

Trader history for PCA-1 (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCA-1

Hi guys,

PCA is in talks with Team Dynamics to try and have the 16x8 size made available in the hot Pro Race 1.2!

PCA has had numerous requests for the 16x8 size due to lack of availability in the market for the 4x108 bolt pattern.

Talks are preliminary at the moment. It would be very helpful if you are interested, to reply to this thread. The door is slightly open.

Pricing ball park is $750+/-, weight ~16.8lbs, offsets from 30mm to 42mm. Note this is, again, preliminary. The factory has not approved the size to date.

All colors and special program colors will be the same as with the current line up, with the addition of matte anthracite.

UPDATE 12/16/15:

The word is in. TD is not moving forward with the wheel. The reason is there was not enough interest on their end to make the investment in the mold. Their loss. I am having this thread closed for now. I am working on another option and will have more information tomorrow.

Getting on the list now is as important as before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interested members:
1.SuperchargedTundra
2.frankiefiesta
3.NJBooST
4.GAbOS
5.Mr. Nice
6.PhoenixM3
7.westcoaST
8.airjor13
9.Strife
10.RyFiST
11.InsTwin
12.PCA1 ha!
13.da1edub
14.1FAST5OH
15.ryan15
16.Waterfan
17.OEFvet11
18.warhawk03
19.ShadowInDaNight
20.white-rhyno
21.Brick
22.RAAMaudio
23.RAAMaudio
24.FatGuyInALittleCar
25.FORZDA 2
26.DylTayVB
27.alnhoo
28.AlrightyThen
29.Oyster
30.Joehuffy
31.juliog
32.kjohn09e
33.BPH
34.Schoolz

Here is a look at what the Pro Race 1.2 is all about.

The 1.2 is an evolutionary design of the original Pro Race 1. The Pro Race 1 was originally designed for motorsport touring car racing made famous in the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). Team Dynamics has/does provide the only sanctioned wheel for the BTCC. The Pro Race 1's main features being cost effective, lightweight, with a caliper friendly design allowing for BBK's, and infamous for it's time, Team Dynamics Racing rim decals.

The Pro Race 1 was very successful in motorsport trim, and gained favor by the public who wanted their own sets. At that time, Team Dynamics rushed to release the Pro Race 1 for mass production. Unfortunately, quality was inconsistent. The barrels were prone to leaking. The bowing spoke design was not up to the rigours of years of street use, making the spokes susceptible to pot holes/ curbs, etc. Despite the issues, not all Pro Race 1 wheels were of poor quality and many remain today in use. However, the PR damage was done. Additionally, race teams were complaining about the bowing spokes contacting in close racing and the Team Dynamics Racing decals being rubbed off each race. The handwriting was on the wall. A redesign was undertaken to address track and street use.

Pro Race 1:

Enter the Pro Race 1.2. Addressing the concerns, Team Dynamics engineers pulled the spokes inset of the rim, added additional strength with slightly thicker spokes, additional anchoring at the rim, and did away with the rim decals by having "Team Dynamics Motorsport" embossed in the rim face. Barrel production consistency was developed and implemented. The Pro Race 1.2 became an instant success! While the 1.2 is a bit heavier than the old PR1, the durability has been top notch for the segment. Pricing has always been favorable compared to other wheels of same/similar manufacture techniques. As well, the offering of a wide range of diameters, widths, bolt patterns (PCD), offsets, and colors, combined with the ability to custom spec 1.2 wheels within the ranges offered, the Pro Race 1.2 remains unmatched in the marketplace.

The 1.2 continues the motorsport heritage as the sole wheel designated for the BTCC, and is used in many other race series around the globe, here in the USA, with street/track weekend warriors, and the street enthusiast of course! Team Dynamics also is the sole wheels supplier of forged wheels for the wildly popular Australian V8 Supercar series, heavily involved in formula Ford racing, sole OEM wheel supplier for Lotus, wheel supplier for McLaren, Bentley, and many OEM marks, including our favorite, Ford!

Pro Race 1.2:

Enter PCA. The origins of Perfect Circle Autosport is steeped in the lack of 4x108 wheels available for the MK1 Ford Focus back in the early 2000's. Yes, back then it was even worse than today! After purchasing my 2002 Focus, with the internet coming on as a forum haven and marketplace, available parts were very expensive, and for years had to settle for cheaper bolt ons, a suspension, and cheap wheels. Like any wheel enthusiast, with the internet exploding with wheel house websites, years were spent dreaming of wheels mainly from MOMO and OZ. More searching for Team Dynamics wheels unearthed one particular site which had a large (for the time) selection of 4x108 wheels. The TD wheels on this site were of the TD rim decal vintage, flashy, and eye catching. I liked what I saw, but had never heard of Team Dynamics and TD wheels just weren't anywhere else that I ran into.

In 2008, looking for new wheels, I reached out to Team Dynamics, inquiring on the availability of wheels in the 4x108 pcd. As luck would have it, TD had 4x108 wheel availability, with stock available in the US. This was news to me, and good news for sure. As an active Focus internet forum member, with Team Dynamics in line, I started a group buy thread, which grew into today's Perfect Circle Autosport. PCA has since grown into a global reach Team Dynamics dealer and Team Dynamics #1 North American spec order wheel dealer. Early sales growth was mainly based on factory spec orders.

Unusual in the marketplace, with Team Dynamics offering the ability to order a single wheel to any number of wheels, in different diameters, widths, offsets, hub bores, and colors, PCA reached out to a wider 4x108 market of enthusiasts, offering unfettered access to the factory's offerings and abilities. The concept of being able to order a set of wheels from any number of combinations, allows for a level of customization often only found in the custom forged wheel market. Needless to say, PCA caught on, fast. Today, PCA is primarily supplies the 4x108 and (new to the Focus) 5x108 TD wheels to Ford enthusiasts and owes a sincere thanks ! to all PCA customers and TD followers, without which PCA would be unable to bring the awesome TD wheels to the individual enthusiast and race teams alike.

With the driving force behind the addition of the 15x8 Pro Race 1.2 addition two years ago, in response to requests by enthusiasts, PCA is now centering efforts to bring the 16x8 Pro Race 1.2 for 4x108 wheel owners. This will not happen without sufficient interest within the community. Please indicate your interest now [thumb].

Pete

Is it possible to order 2 in 16x8 and 2 in 16x7 for track reasons? If so I am interested.

Izzy

Of course now it happens...go figure. Definitely sometime in the future, but just bought wheels and tires.

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #10
Is it possible to order 2 in 16x8 and 2 in 16x7 for track reasons? If so I am interested.
If/when the size is added, you can order in any quantity. Remember, PCA needs to establish what demand there is. I have the ear of one of the top three people in the company. He is open to the idea, but cannot move forward without sufficient demand.

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #11
Of course now it happens...go figure. Definitely sometime in the future, but just bought wheels and tires.
It took me 2 years to get 15x8's added. I am going through a different channel that recently became accessible. We shall see.

meFiSTo

Hey Chalon! What would be the right tire size for a 16x8 wheel? I've got the BC coilovers with a minimal amount of drop vs. stock. It's a recreational track-day setup.

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #13
Hey Chalon! What would be the right tire size for a 16x8 wheel? I've got the BC coilovers with a minimal amount of drop vs. stock. It's a recreational track-day setup.
I think you would be right up against 215/45/16. A 225/45 might be too tall. BFG Rivals and Kuhmo ECSTA XS come in 215/45/16 :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OAKOS Automotive OAKOS Automotive 76