Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is $17,750 for base Fist a good deal?

Good price I’d do it. I overpaid but it was the only one for sale in my entire state..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I’d say keep looking. You may find an ‘18 with options and cheaper.
There are exactly one 18 ST within a 100 range of of Los Angeles there is exactly one 18 ST in a 100 mile range Of 94303 in the bay area.He lives in the bay area. There are 20 19’s up there and 20 19’s down here. He should take that deal and run unless he is willing to try and travel out of state to possibly get a slightly better deal. Its over the cars are disappearing and the dealers have done a decent job of thinning the ranks so they don’t get stuck with a ton of them on the lot here.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought my car in Michigan, and I had to pay the Indiana sales tax.

You pay CA sales tax even if you buy a car out of state unless you keep the car out of CA for a certain period of time (maybe 6 months???) before bringing it in and registering it.

I got my 19 platinum white Fiesta ST w/ black wheel for $18,421 earlier this month after contacting about 10 dealers in SoCal area. Without the platinum white color option ($595), it would have been $17,826, which is very close to your $17,750 offer. There is always a chance that you may get a better deal, but the offer you get is pretty good, or it was good enough for me.

I considered buying an out of state car, but when factoring in the airfare, gas, and other costs as well as time and hustle, it didn't make much sense. No one was giving enough extra discounts to compensate for them.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You pay CA sales tax even if you buy a car out of state unless you keep the car out of CA for a certain period of time (maybe 6 months???) before bringing it in and registering it.

I got my 19 platinum white Fiesta ST w/ black wheel for $18,421 earlier this month after contacting about 10 dealers in SoCal area. Without the platinum white color option ($595), it would have been $17,826, which is very close to your $17,750 offer. There is always a chance that you may get a better deal, but the offer you get is pretty good, or it was good enough for me.

I considered buying an out of state car, but when factoring in the airfare, gas, and other costs as well as time and hustle, it didn't make much sense. No one was giving enough extra discounts to compensate for them.
Your forgot to add in the $375 for the Black wheels as well which would have put you at $17,400 so he is actually doing a little better than the deal you pulled.
Like I said earlier his deal is a great deal all things considered. He should just go head and buy it now. The cars are running out dealers had a year to know to dwindle stock down before the end there are not many cars left.

Your forgot to add in the $375 for the Black wheels as well which would have put you at $17,400 so he is actually doing a little better than the deal you pulled.
Like I said earlier his deal is a great deal all things considered. He should just go head and buy it now. The cars are running out dealers had a year to know to dwindle stock down before the end there are not many cars left.
I don't think I forgot anything, and I was comparing apple to apple. Both numbers ($17,750 and $17,826) only include the black wheel option). My car was $18,421 with white paint ($595) and black wheels ($375), and his offer is $17,750 only with black wheels. His deal is $76 better apple to apple which I consider pretty close. Anyway, we both think that his deal is pretty good regardless.

It's nice that his OTD price is so much better than mine. He must live in a county where sales tax is quite a bit lower. I learned that the sales tax is as low as 7.25% in some counties in CA while it's 9.5% here in LA.

Last edited:
Got my 2018 Fist with black wheels but no nav/recaros for 17k ($16999) in March. Talk them down IMO. EDIT: it was brand new off showroom floor. The certified used with 15k miles were $18500

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I don't think I forgot anything, and I was comparing apple to apple. Both numbers ($17,750 and $17,826) only include the black wheel option). My car was $18,421 with white paint ($595) and black wheels ($375), and his offer is $17,750 only with black wheels. His deal is $76 better apple to apple which I consider pretty close. Anyway, we both think that his deal is pretty good regardless.

It's nice that his OTD price is so much better than mine. He must live in a county where sales tax is quite a bit lower. I learned that the sales tax is as low as 7.25% in some counties in CA while its 9.5% here in LA.
Ya I just ran the numbers at 9% and it pretty much hits his $19600 OTD.
These out of state guys that keep popping into the thread saying you can do better really don’t understand whats going on here in CA dealers have already been cutting back. I already posted earlier about that.

Got my 2018 Fist with black wheels but no nav/recaros for 17k ($16999) in March. Talk them down IMO. EDIT: it was brand new off showroom floor. The certified used with 15k miles were $18500
That was March this is the end of May production of the car has ended. No more ordering and dealers here have liquidated to the point that I found 20 2019’s around the bay area and 20 within a hundred miles of LA and a total of 2 18’s one here one there.

The numbers are low enouh the dealers do not have to bend over backwards in California to sell them. Ya people keep saying go out of state but when you add up travel time and costs it comes pretty close to the same prices here. Unless he wants a certain color no longer available here he would jut be better off taking the deal here.
He can try and haggle but thats already a good price for cars sold in CA.
Mine was exceptional because everything fell into place in 2018 for me. Yet my out the door price was still higher because I was at $19.678 but I was $2965 deep in options with Recaros, Paint and wheels,. My base price would have been $16,713.

Last edited:
Ya I just ran the numbers at 9% and it pretty much hits his $19600 OTD.
These out of state guys that keep popping into the thread saying you can do better really don’t understand whats going on here in CA dealers have already been cutting back. I already posted earlier about that.

That was March this is the end of May production of the car has ended. No more ordering and dealers here have liquidated to the point that I found 20 2019’s around the bay area and 20 within a hundred miles of LA and a total of 2 18’s one here one there.

The numbers are low enouh the dealers do not have to bend over backwards in California to sell them. Ya people keep saying go out of state but when you add up travel time and costs it comes pretty close to the same prices here. Unless he wants a certain color no longer available here he would jut be better off taking the deal here.
He can try and haggle but thats already a good price for cars sold in CA.
Mine was exceptional because everything fell into place in 2018 for me. Yet my out the door price was still higher because I was at $19.678 but I was $2965 deep in options with Recaros, Paint and wheels,. My base price would have been $16,713.
I don't think that you get $19,600 OTD price with 9% sales tax. You need to make sure that the sales tax applies to the rebate also. In order to get $19,600 OTD, his sales tax needs to be 7.25%.

Here is the calculation.
MSRP: $22,690
Dealer Discount: $1,940
Ford Rebates: $3,000
Purchase Price: $17,750
Sales Tax: $ 1,504 ($20,750 x 7.25%)
License/Registration: $301
Total: $19,555 (not including $85 doc fee and $30 electronic registration & transfer fee which pretty much all dealers charge at least in SoCal)
OTD: $19,670 incl. dealer fees

I think that "private cash" which Ford used to give out made a huge difference when you made your purchase. Unfortunately, Ford doesn't seem to be giving it out anymore.

There still seem to be a decent amount of inventory of base Black or Grey cars w/ or w/o black wheels but not as much for White or Orange. There are only 8 cars with Recaro option w/in 300 mile of LA, so if anyone want the option, act quickly. They had 13 cars earlier this month. Overall, there are not that many cars if you are picky with the color and options, especially if you don't want to pay for any unnecessary option.

Last edited: