Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is $20K for a 2019 with Recaros a good deal?

I've got a lead on a 2019 White Platinum Tri-Coat with Recaros. The dealer is showing the $2500 Ford Retail Customer Cash discount, Select Inventory Cash, and another discount for a total dealer asking price around $22,200.

Based on what I've seen on the forums, I think I can be happy with a final price of ~$20K before TT&L. Is that right, or should I be targeting lower?

Any direction is much appreciated.

Erick_V

Not a bad price, I think they can go a little lower. I got mine for ~15,700. I had 4400 in equity from my trade in. Mine was a brand new 16’ Kona Blue w/ Recaro & Sunroof. Granted, mine was the only 16 on the lot. The others were 17’s and one 18. So final price before trade in was 20,100

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It all depends on the dealer. I am one of those people that got a Tri Coat ( $595 ) option cost , Recaros and black wheels car for just under 20K before TT&L , Now its a unique time some dealers won’t budge off their asking price because they know numbers are low and there are still people that want the car.
Others are like fuck get the damn thing off our lot. Its up to you to figure out who is what.
I would say it might be hard to get that dealer down another $2200 unless you can find more discounts. Does not hurt to try but be prepared to walk.
Also try finding another dealer you can pit against them. I did that. The funny thing is the dealer that services my car is the one I walked on cause its closer to my home than the one I bought from. They basically would not match the other guys price and they are actually known for being that way.

Erick_V

I agree, be prepared to walk if you aren’t confident with the price. Shop around and see what your other options are. I had a bunch of rebates and discounts because mine was the last 16. After all that I almost walked because they didn’t want to give me another $300 for my trade in lol. They ran after me in the parking lot when they realized I was serious. You don’t have to buy the car just because you’ve been negotiating for 2-3 hours

I just bought a week and a half ago and I can't really comment about the final price because I had a trade. However, I will say to make sure they look for all rebates that Ford offers. They gave me a price and it was good enough for me to get the car but when we were finalizing the deal the sales guy found another $750 rebate. That was more money in my pocket since I had equity above the purchase price of the FiST. (y)

I got 5200 off msrp for my 2019 a month ago. Msrp was 25,700 and before TTL it was 20,500. I really wanted a white with recaro so I said fuck it and took it. Still got 5200 off msrp so not bar. Some got 6k off, but with such low inventory. 5200 was good enough. Waa either this or a new STI which is 600 dollar a month.

I got 5200 off msrp for my 2019 a month ago. Msrp was 25,700 and before TTL it was 20,500. I really wanted a white with recaro so I said fuck it and took it. Still got 5200 off msrp so not bar. Some got 6k off, but with such low inventory. 5200 was good enough. Waa either this or a new STI which is 600 dollar a month.
You got a better deal than I did! And I don't mean to derail the thread but you made the right choice to pass on an STi. I just traded in my '18 STi. It's certainly not worth double the price of the FiST and that EJ257 is a ridiculous engine for a new car in 2020. It was a fun car and I enjoyed it on the track but I had complaints...horrendous fuel mileage, outrageous insurance costs, and reliability was questionable. The insurance cost really rubbed me the wrong way since it was significantly more than my M2C. :rolleyes: