Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is a 12.7 AFR considered too lean above 6K RPM's??

Apparently my car was tuned with a small boost leak that has gradually worsened over the past 6 months. The leak was from a tear in the passenger intercooler hose and I was able to trim some material off the end and reinstall. I'm in the market for a replacement hose if you've got one. Anyway, Its now holding 26PSI until 7K. The AFR is around 12.2 at 6K and drops to 12.7 at 7K. Is it safe to run up to 7K or should I shift it down at 6K where its half a point richer? I'm not seeing any knock or other ill effects that I'm aware of. Below is a link to a datalog of the car. Car has stock fueling on 93.

https://datazap.me/u/awheelus/fixed-boost-leak-11920-320whp?log=0&data=0-3-8-27&solo=0&mark=161

Last edited:

wetwea33

12.7 at 7k is way too lean but honestly you should shift at 5500 with the stock turbo anyhow to keep it in its power band.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
grip grip
Thread Starter #4
12.7 at 7k is way too lean but honestly you should shift at 5500 with the stock turbo anyhow to keep it in its power band.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thanks, but it's running an aftermarket turbo: ATP 2860r Gen 1 turbo - Cobb V3 Accessport - Catless 3" downpipe - Cobb Intercooler - BP Racing tubular manifold - Whoosh High Flow Silicone Induction Hose - K&N high flow air filter - Tial 16psi wastegate actuator - Tune+ Adams - Oil Catch Can

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
grip grip
Thread Starter #5
Yes, way too lean. Depending on tuner mid 11s is preferred.
Thanks. I emailed my tuner to see how he wants to handle it. FWIW, this is 100% my fault its running lean, as the last time my tuner looked at a datalog of mine I was running rich with around 3 less PSI.
Would a LPFP add enough fuel volume to get the AF's back in the 11's?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks. I emailed my tuner to see how he wants to handle it. FWIW, this is 100% my fault its running lean, as the last time my tuner looked at a datalog of mine I was running rich with around 3 less PSI.
Would a LPFP add enough fuel volume to get the AF's back in the 11's?
Nope, but aux fuel will. You’re running out of injector and HPFP, not out of LPFP.

OP
grip grip
Thread Starter #7
Nope, but aux fuel will. You’re running out of injector and HPFP, not out of LPFP.
Thanks. If I'm on the ragged edge I might be better off just detuning it a little to keep it safe. Might have to consider adding meth.

Last edited: