Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is anyone interested in a stock framed turbo upgrade in the USA?

OP
T
Thread Starter #42
A little update on what this has become.
Opportunity presented a garret style ball bearing center that was able to be fitted in the stock housings.
Wheel sizes are 44/60 compressor and 54/47 turbine. Being Garrett derived, the oil feed and coolant lines from the Fiesta will not fit. Therefore adapter lines would be needed.
Still looking for more testers. I will have 3 or 4 available soon and I'd like to get a variety of testers from near stock to well modified to see how this turbo responds.
Thank you for your guys great input and patience.

Opportunity presented a garret style ball bearing center that was able to be fitted in the stock housings.
Wheel sizes are 44/60 compressor and 54/47 turbine. Being Garrett derived, the oil feed and coolant lines from the Fiesta will not fit. Therefore adapter lines would be needed.
Still looking for more testers. I will have 3 or 4 available soon and I'd like to get a variety of testers from near stock to well modified to see how this turbo responds.
I'm excited to see what you've come up with

I drive my Fiesta between 200-500 miles a day to deliver emergency medical supplies. If you need something stressed tested, I go through a lot parts LOL

I would also be interested in testing one. I’m a tech also so mechanically incline wouldn’t be a problem ;)

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I’m definitely interested in the end product. I was looking at Whoosh’s hybrid, but this option looks promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
That'll bump up the price right? Unless you're not going to supply them.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
we've had one of these ball bearing center turbos for months with the same wheel sizes
you'll need a $249.00 line kit from ATP (same used on their ATP 2860r/28674 Fiesta kits)
with the cost of the unit, line kit, core, you're in the same realm as current journal bearing options
Only the machining and assembly is not nearly the same level as our hybrid.
We did not have "good" results with the unit due to machining defects and improper wheel size selection
Good Luck!

OP
T
Thread Starter #55
Will have two new samples ready shortly.
Who is interested in testing these sub 300hp ball bearing turbos?
If your ready to install and have supporting mods, please pm me and we will get this rolling :)(y)

I assume minimum supporting mods would be an intercooler? Obviously an AP3 with a custom tune also.
I’m tempted but I don’t think I have what would be considered appropriate supporting mods.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I assume minimum supporting mods would be an intercooler? Obviously an AP3 with a custom tune also.
I’m tempted but I don’t think I have what would be considered appropriate supporting mods.

not much is really needed for a turbo like this id imagine. Intercooler, panel air filter, and a RMM are probably the minimum.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm very interested! I've owned my girl since '16 and have watched offerings come and go (& implode). I have a brand new down pipe that's been waiting 4 years for a turbo! I had settled on the S280 but you may have shook that up. Like you, I would rather find a reliable entry level unit that keeps me around a usable 270 or so without spending a small fortune. I don't need big braggadocios numbers.

Perhaps providing a core charge option can help with keeping costs down. I still I have a spare core from the SourSkittles days so that would be helpful for me. Thank goodness I never sent it to him lol But like others here, i'm a bit apprehensive. Most of us have seen some real nonsense come thru here. You don't work for Mishimoto right? lol I'll be honest and admit I won't be part of your initial run. I have two kids in college and don't take money risks with mods, u know. But if this baby gets rave reviews, runs reliably for a few months in customers hands, and somehow achieves this at a lower price point than current hybrids - I'm all in. Getting tired of waiting for more power...