Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is anyone interested in a stock framed turbo upgrade in the USA?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I’m watching as well. I thought I was pretty much done with mods, but modest power boosts for relatively cheap is never a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #62
I'm very interested! I've owned my girl since '16 and have watched offerings come and go (& implode). I have a brand new down pipe that's been waiting 4 years for a turbo! I had settled on the S280 but you may have shook that up. Like you, I would rather find a reliable entry level unit that keeps me around a usable 270 or so without spending a small fortune. I don't need big braggadocios numbers.

Perhaps providing a core charge option can help with keeping costs down. I still I have a spare core from the SourSkittles days so that would be helpful for me. Thank goodness I never sent it to him lol But like others here, i'm a bit apprehensive. Most of us have seen some real nonsense come thru here. You don't work for Mishimoto right? lol I'll be honest and admit I won't be part of your initial run. I have two kids in college and don't take money risks with mods, u know. But if this baby gets rave reviews, runs reliably for a few months in customers hands, and somehow achieves this at a lower price point than current hybrids - I'm all in. Getting tired of waiting for more power...
Well thought out and mature response (y)
I do not work for Mishimoto, I'm sure you've never heard of the company I work for.
I've been modding cars for 30 years now and am not new at this. The apprehension is deserved as you don't really know me at all. This little project is a not a full time job. I work 11-12 hours a day on turbos, so this is a bit of therapy for me ;) I too am looking forward to see how this plays out and performs. There can always be revisions and improvements to get it to perform as needed.
Your thoughts echoed mine as I looked at this car and began to apply what I know about about turbocharging. After modding many cars and "been there, done that", I too would like a broader longer pull through the power band and keep the quick response which soo much reminds me of the way an old 5.0 Mustang pulls from low rpm.
No core charge for this turbo, it is all new.
I was really looking forward to putting one of these on my car, but that will have to wait a little longer due to a careless driver who was not looking where they were going and didn't see the little black jelly bean in front of him...
Fiesta Door Ding.jpg

OP
T
Thread Starter #65
No, not in Trenton. Fortunately the driver of the other vehicle admitted fault and their insurance company is taking care of it all. This is such a rare thing in these parts for someone to admit fault, it is usually an ugly fight.
It's in the body shop now :)

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
So what's the advantage of this over the whoosh?
If I remember correctly it's smaller so it adds less power (it that's what you want) and could potentially cost less that other options. OP please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
OP
T
Thread Starter #71
So what's the advantage of this over the whoosh?
This isn't the exact question I'm looking to answer. The goal is stock like response for sub 300 hp.
However, to answer your question, I'd like to know this as well, thus the need for testers 🤓👍

No, not in Trenton. Fortunately the driver of the other vehicle admitted fault and their insurance company is taking care of it all. This is such a rare thing in these parts for someone to admit fault, it is usually an ugly fight.
It's in the body shop now :)
Are you from the Central Jersey area? I lived in Trenton for a few years.

Looking for some additional testers...anyone interested?
I’d be potentially interested pending cost, but I assume you’d need access to custom tuning. I guess what I’m also curious about was asked above, what would the requirements be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk