Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

is there a thermal protection feature for the CD player?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I know that I may be the only one on here who still listens to/uses CDs, but just in case I'm not, or anyone knows;

Does our Sony system have some sort of very high temperature/over-temperature shut down feature built into it for the CD player? [dunno]

The other day it was in the mid to upper 90s here, and the car was baking out in that with no shade at all.
I got in started it up, installed a CD and it played OK for about 3 minutes, and then it self ejected the CD without me touching ANY of the controls.
Once the car and dash were cooler, later that night, it played just fine, and did not eject any discs at all (even the very same CD it ejected).

I could not find anything in the manual, and the dealer is totally USELESS as far as knowledge of the features of ANY car they sell goes. [mad]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Keep CDs in a cooler with ice and then put them in when desired during high heat ...see if that helps. [thankyou]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As you know, when playing, the CDs spin very fast so centrifugal force causes the heat on the CD to travel to the outside of the disk.
My suggestion would be to play the tunes on the inner tracks as they may be cooler.

Note: I have no idea but it sounded good. :LOL:

I know that I may be the only one on here who still listens to/uses CDs, but just in case I'm not, or anyone knows;

Does our Sony system have some sort of very high temperature/over-temperature shut down feature built into it for the CD player? [dunno]

The other day it was in the mid to upper 90s here, and the car was baking out in that with no shade at all.
I got in started it up, installed a CD and it played OK for about 3 minutes, and then it self ejected the CD without me touching ANY of the controls.
Once the car and dash were cooler, later that night, it played just fine, and did not eject any discs at all (even the very same CD it ejected).

I could not find anything in the manual, and the dealer is totally USELESS as far as knowledge of the features of ANY car they sell goes. [mad]
Mine did this once before when it was in the high 90s but did not display anything on the screen, when it ejected the cd itself was burning hot.
Hasnt done it again since but im not really using it that much anymore.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Mine did this once before when it was in the high 90s but did not display anything on the screen, when it ejected the cd itself was burning hot.
Hasnt done it again since but im not really using it that much anymore.
Thanks for the serious reply. [twothumb]

Yeah, this is the first time this has ever happened, and I have used it before this in higher ambient temps than we had that day. [???:)]

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Even here in VA, I put up my windshield sun shades EVERY single day...sure, no help for a long drive.