Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is this car cursed? Can someone from Ford assist me please?

My beloved PB FiST was totalled by some jerk hit & run driver back on July 31st.

No dealer could find another PB FiST fully loaded like mine anywhere within 3-4 hours of the dallas area. One dealer finally got me a new (or was it?????) MO FiST fully loaded from somewhere in Oklahoma. I got it, and then things seem to go downhill. Perhaps I was in too much a hurry? Hating driving a rental with no NAV, and depressed after the near death accident, that I just wanted a FiST, now? Perhaps too, made to feel obligated to get this one from them, cause they already went and got it miles away?

Turns out the car had over 200 miles on it - perhaps during the dealer trade?

Once i signed for it, and it was washed, I found paint chipped off in a few spots on the front bumper. They said to bring it back, and they did fix it well enough.

While replacing the headlight bulbs, I found the front hood weatherstripping stuffed up under the headlight on the right side! WTH?! Would never have noticed unless I had the headlight housing off (was stuffed in that deep!), or smelled it someday when it might have begun to melt? Also noticed, as this was the first time in the car at night, could the see a fine scratch line on the lens of the tach! Later while having it detailed, the guy spotted yet another scratch too!

Brought the car back to them again. They installed (or reinstalled? Remember bumper nicks repaired) the weatherstrip. I told the salesman about the scratch in the tach lens. He told me had no proof that it was their fault, or from the original Oklahoma dealer, or maybe I did it?. Only offered to have some traveling interior repair tech to look it over. If he could just buff it out, no charge. But if needed replacing, I would have to pay dealer cost to fix it!

Later on the way home, I now notice a tiny nick in the black plastic dash panel just under the temperature controls. Are they messing with me because I am rightfully complaining to have my car put into new condition that it should have been delivered to me in the first place? I dont want to go back to them any time soon! And they want a good survey from me? Sadly, feel like I cannot take it to my local dealer, cause they too were trying too to get me a new one as well.

Since then, while driving this replacement FiST, I have noticed:

It does not feel as peppy or responsive as my original car. Shifting into 2nd gear used to bring on a joyous rush, and a push into the seat. That is missing now!

The suspension does not feel as tight as my original car. Feels looser, more body roll, and less stable when doing quick steering inputs.

Everytime I fill up with gas (93 octane only), and no matter which gas stations I go to, the pump handle automatic shutoff does not work, and gas comes gushing out of the filler hole! This could be a major safety hazard!!!!!!

Now suddenly in the last few days, the My Touch / Synch is acting up. Will start the car up, Synch will lock up hard. Turning the car off and on a few times, still blank screen. Then suddenly the Synch will start up saying it is in maintenance mode with a bar moving across the bottom. Finally will come back on. This is crazy!

And to add salt to the wound of this car perhaps being cursed? Just got my new plates, and they end in 1333! Freaking #13!!!!!!

Needless to say, I AM EXTREMELY PISSED OFF! And equally hugely disappointed in this replacement car. I wont ever go back to that dealer, and sure as hell not enjoying this new car. And I went through hell, almost getting killed 5 differnt ways in that accident that totalled my original car. Part was skills I learned racing in SCCA, and part sheer luck I missed 2 dangerous guardrails, a concrete wall, or going a few feet further over a tall embankment! The cops even were surprised I walked away from this one. So I would say I suffered enough drama, and should deserve a break, as in having a new car being as good, if not better, than my original FiST. And take note - I CHOSE to get anothrr FiST cause I had loved my original one! I could have started iver and got ANY OTHER CAR, BUT CHOSE THIS ONE AGAIN! So that shoukd mean something? Can someone from Ford help me with this, please?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
They gave you a demo that was probably trashed by a bunch of morons. Take it back and custom order a brand new one to your specs.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
They gave you a demo that was probably trashed by a bunch of morons. Take it back and custom order a brand new one to your specs.
This was presented to me as a brand new car. If it was a demo, or had been in a wreck, are they not supposed to disclose that to me by law?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
200 miles is probably not a demo car. Most likely it was driven from another dealer.

I'm sorry to hear of your issues and disappointment in your car, but if you were unhappy with any aspect upon first seeing the car you shouldn't have taken delivery. Admittedly some of the tiny scratches and chips are easy to miss, but the miles on the odometer are not, as well as the relatively poor performance as compared with your first car. Laws vary by state and depending where you live you may have no recourse.

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
200 miles is probably not a demo car. Most likely it was driven from another dealer.
Yes, they had to go some distance to get this car. So some miles I had to expect.
I'm sorry to hear of your issues and disappointment in your car, but if you were unhappy with any aspect upon first seeing the car you shouldn't have taken delivery. Admittedly some of the tiny scratches and chips are easy to miss, but the miles on the odometer are not, as well as the relatively poor performance as compared with your first car. Laws vary by state and depending where you live you may have no recourse.
The chips were not noticed when I first seen the car, and did the test drive, as it had not been cleaned yet. It was not until I signed the paperwork, did it get washed and the chips seen.

As for the performance issues, hard to notice during a short test drive, and around unfamiliar roads. It was not until doing my normal daily routes, that it became noticeable.

But I do must take some blame too. First the state of mind I was in, after the horrible accident. Life has not been back to normal still, since it happened. Next, wanted out of the rental real bad, not to mention needing my in car NAV real bad. Lastly, there were not one PB fully loaded like mine anywhere to be located (same answer from 5 other dealers as well). And just this one in MO, a possible one other further away. All others in either PB or MO were either months away from completion at the factory, or were missing major options I wanted, as in no Recaro seats. So in the mental state of mind I was in, and wanting out of the rental, and no other cars available for months away, I felt I had little option than to get this one before it was gone too.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Yes, they had to go some distance to get this car. So some miles I had to expect.

The chips were not noticed when I first seen the car, and did the test drive, as it had not been cleaned yet. It was not until I signed the paperwork, did it get washed and the chips seen.

As for the performance issues, hard to notice during a short test drive, and around unfamiliar roads. It was not until doing my normal daily routes, that it became noticeable.

But I do must take some blame too. First the state of mind I was in, after the horrible accident. Life has not been back to normal still, since it happened. Next, wanted out of the rental real bad, not to mention needing my in car NAV real bad. Lastly, there were not one PB fully loaded like mine anywhere to be located (same answer from 5 other dealers as well). And just this one in MO, a possible one other further away. All others in either PB or MO were either months away from completion at the factory, or were missing major options I wanted, as in no Recaro seats. So in the mental state of mind I was in, and wanting out of the rental, and no other cars available for months away, I felt I had little option than to get this one before it was gone too.
Dont take this the wrong way but i believe alot of the handling things are in your head. Unless something major is wrong with the car. On the instrument cluster they are easy as hell to scratch.

OP
S
Thread Starter #13
Dont take this the wrong way but i believe alot of the handling things are in your head. Unless something major is wrong with the car. On the instrument cluster they are easy as hell to scratch.
Perhaps it could be, due to the poor experiences I have been having since I got this car jading my mind? But I would also have to hope that after racing cars since 1974 (one was a 1st Gen 79 RX7 too, against drivers the likes of PD Cunningham before his Realtime Racing days), modifying cars for years, and doing suspension write ups and reviews on NASIOC (Subaru forum), that perhaps too I truly am more sensitive to the handling of cars than most? Sadly though, as my original one was totalled, I cannot do a true side by side comparison. But my gut feeling makes me think that if my blue one felt soft like this one - I might not have survived the crash, as the car would have been less controllable. Yet you still might be right, and it is all subjective due to all else occurring, and I have become too sensitively critical of this one I now have.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Perhaps it could be, due to the poor experiences I have been having since I got this car jading my mind? But I would also have to hope that after racing cars since 1974 (one was a 1st Gen 79 RX7 too, against drivers the likes of PD Cunningham before his Realtime Racing days), modifying cars for years, and doing suspension write ups and reviews on NASIOC (Subaru forum), that perhaps too I truly am more sensitive to the handling of cars than most? Sadly though, as my original one was totalled, I cannot do a true side by side comparison. But my gut feeling makes me think that if my blue one felt soft like this one - I might not have survived the crash, as the car would have been less controllable. Yet you still might be right, and it is all subjective due to all else occurring, and I have become too sensitively critical of this one I now have.
Hope you get it sorted man. Your local to me. I saw a black ST in lewisville a few days back LOL wonder if it was you?

OP
S
Thread Starter #15
Hope you get it sorted man. Your local to me. I saw a black ST in lewisville a few days back LOL wonder if it was you?
Thanks, I hope so too.

My previous totalled one was PB. This one now is MO/MO. So the black one was not me.

If you were doing any of the SCCA AutoX events, I was in STX class with a VW MKV R32, before the economy took a dump and I had to quit all hobbies.