Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is Your molten orange colour on bumpers matching colour on metal panels?

HI folks
Simple question,
I noticed that back bumper on my fist is diferent (darker) than the rest.
How are Your plastick parts, can You notice a diference?
I am 2nd owner of the car, I checked history of the car with ford, and with insurance company, and there is no record of any prvious collisions etc,
and that means to me that the car propably had no respray jobs in the past. Car is still under waranty of ford.
Is ford that bad with colour matching?
Also I found plenty of smal rock chips on front of the bumper, that mean that todays lacquers are poor.
Difernce in color doesnt drive me crazy, but it doesnt look good TBH,
How is colour matching on Yor cars?

Picture for attention
dif.jpg

SrsBsns

Molten orange and race red look pretty similar in a lot of lights. I wonder if there was an accident which wasn't reported and the PO replaced it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Had it been in an accident? That color is very very hard to match due to it being a Tri-coat paint.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
A large number of accidents never get reported. It is quite possible that it was resprayed. I also do agree that the clearcoat on these cars is very thin.

the duke

Molten Orange will not match from the factory. The base urethane bleeds through the paint. No MO should have the bumpers, or wing (Even the Side Skirts technically) matching 100 percent. If it does, I'd be suspicious of repaint/fix.Your car appears to be exactly as it should from Ford. This same "issue" happened with the T5 focus RS in that bright green.

Now that you know this, take a look at other cars. Many cars have "mismatched" bumpers due to this bleeding effect. Now you will start to see it everywhere.

Last edited:
Molten Orange will not match from the factory. The base urethane bleeds through the paint. No MO should have the bumpers, or wing (Even the Side Skirts technically) matching 100 percent. If it does, I'd be suspicious of repaint/fix.Your car appears to be exactly as it should from Ford. This same "issue" happened with the T5 focus RS in that bright green.

Now that you know this, take a look at other cars. Many cars have "mismatched" bumpers due to this bleeding affect. Now you will start to see it everywhere.
I see it on the Mazda's a lot.. that's when they are brand new just off the truck from the warf..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

OP
tomix
Thread Starter #7
OP
tomix
Thread Starter #9

Now that you know this, take a look at other cars. Many cars have "mismatched" bumpers due to this bleeding affect. Now you will start to see it everywhere.
Yeah, since i noticed it I do look at other fiesta cars, It doesnt drive me crazy, but every time I see it on mine I wonder is it original or some one didnt do a good job with spray gun :unsure: :)

There is not many cars in that colour in my area i think, actually I saw none , so there is no way I can compare ;)

Last edited:
OP
tomix
Thread Starter #10
Molten orange and race red look pretty similar in a lot of lights. I wonder if there was an accident which wasn't reported and the PO replaced it.
There is a litle scratch on the bottom of the back bumper, and I can clearly see that there is only one cout of paint on it.
Difernce isnt hardly noticable when the day is cloudy , ant there is no sunshine. Also when the car is parked in the shadow area, it isnt that much noticable.
Doesnt bother me much, but some people Youst saing nice colour, but.. was it in accident since that back bmper is difernt?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Its the same with my Orange Spice my bumpers are slightly off from ghe metal color wise. This is so common that Ford even makes note of it in case of warranty claims i.e. you cannot get warranty paint work done based on a claim of the slight mismatch.

Its not just Fords either its all moder cars with Urethane bumpers some more some to a lesser degree. Though once you start spotting it you will see it all over. Your eye/mind becomes tuned to seeing it rather than missing it.
Before I would never notice or not often, lol not now!

Face it you are screwed you cannot undue.

My magnetic gray doesn't match either. The parts are apparently sprayed separately and so the metallic lays differently, which will effect the color.