Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #341
Nope sorry man. At this point Alex and I have pretty much determined the ve is off causing it to misfire and it's just gonna take more time before we can tune for power. I give Alex a lot of flak for him having to put up with so much. I'm literally the first person running this setup and he's been a champ so far. This last tune we had 2 codes pop and I can't remember them, I have them written down somewhere but this time it did pull timing and put the car in a hard limp mode. That was revision 1.4. so basically the p2282 is being thrown because the ve is off. It also probably is because I'm running almost nothing stock in this car anymore... Lol

Edit: sorry JDG, I'm getting tuned through stratified.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #342
This week's edition of my daily driver is broken, heat management... And a lot of it. I keep burning harnesses. Also took apart the turbo. That dude I let work on my car was an idiot. A master tech my ass. I'm missing like 3 bolts off the turbo, crush washers were leaking and I'm pretty sure my tranny's passenger seal is fucked.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #343
Does it actually misfire or does it pull timing and then go into limp mode?
Had similar issues with a new engine after the first went kabloom. Turned out it was false knock due to a loose knock sensor connector. The mounting tabs on the connector were broken. Fixed it with duct tape and the issue went away.
Seems like a thing to check when you're getting a p061a error that could be throttle body wiring or signal issues.
Hey daloonie, do you have a picture of when you had this issue by chance? I have the harness pulled out a bit where I can see the crank sensor and I could take a look tomorrow.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #345
Got the wiring and wraps done. I'm going to use some of the gold tape I have left over to do the cold side pipe but it's gonna have to wait for another day. I have to remove the front bumper to take off my cold side pipe because of the sandwich plate I have and the aux fuel pushing the manifold out so it's not exactly a thing I can do unplanned. Also, started the car for a test drive and one of my kicker rs's woofer blew... Ugh

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #346
1st 2 pictures are a 2 step colder plug gapped at .018 for 500 miles. The last 2 pictures are a stock plug gapped at .027 for 50 miles... Closing the gap helped a ton.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #347
Gapped the spark plugs to .011 and gonna try for another 500 miles. Seeing if I can correct the fouling. Also accessport is reading 280 estimated hp at about 5600 rpm if anyone's curious. Seems I'm making around 300 hp

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
.011?!?!? Cripes....thats getting pretty tight!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #349
Well they were already at .018 and I wasn't getting any blistering at all so it's not hurting it

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #352
So this is why these little damper pads in the back should be replaced.... I think they should be recalled but that'd be asking too much. I have 20k miles on these. Replacing with powerflexs. Also, adding rear camber.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #353
This is my passenger side hub after 3 years in va. Gonna use some rust dissolver on it and see how much I can get off them apply a film of wd 40 to make sure it has some rust preventer on it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So this is why these little damper pads in the back should be replaced.... I think they should be recalled but that'd be asking too much. I have 20k miles on these. Replacing with powerflexs. Also, adding rear camber.

I have 26K on mine, and those are definitely getting replaced with Powerflexes when I decide on springs/suspension. [wink] [thumb]

Dpro's camber plates? I also want to do those at the brake job point, which is very soon for me.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #355
Yeah dpros. I also figured out where the scrapping noise is coming from. I have one warped rotor rubbing on the pads in the rear. I have so much padlife left I'm wondering if I even need brakes.... It's been over 4 years and I have never changed them -.-.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #356
So I cannot recommend brisk racing spark plugs, no matter how I gap them large gap small gap side gap stock gap doesn't matter. Misfires like a motherfucker and I know my tunes a small bit off but damn it's noticably worse. Ngks just feel like they make more power, are more responsive and honestly have a better reputation. Currently have them gapped perfectly at .015 which seems to be perfect for my engine.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So I cannot recommend brisk racing spark plugs, no matter how I gap them large gap small gap side gap stock gap doesn't matter. Misfires like a motherfucker and I know my tunes a small bit off but damn it's noticably worse. Ngks just feel like they make more power, are more responsive and honestly have a better reputation. Currently have them gapped perfectly at .015 which seems to be perfect for my engine.

THANKS for this, as I was considering the Brisks for the next change, but will stick with the Iridiums or Rutheniums. [thumb] [wink]

There were many who hated them in the 4th gen/LSx world as well, but I thought it might be different on this platform.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #359
Alright guys so I finally got the rpf1s fitted. When they filled my tires at NTB they had this new kid who had no idea how to operate the air hose they use.... Passenger front was 46 psi, passenger rear was 44 driver rear was 40 and driver front was 96 psi! Lol I noticed the front driver right away.... But here's a picture of the rims and the tires at the CORRECT pressure. Also, when they kid overfilled my tires he apparently messed up the tpms, or they were messed up during install, no one knows. Anyways NTB is replacing all 4 at no cost to me. 480 dollars out of their pocket.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #360
Be gentle with the hate, she needs a good wash and to be completely honest a repaint.