Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am sure if the capacitors in the ecm didnt discharge this shouldnt be needed. But say you did what i did and took the car apart and the ecm was disconnected for like 3 months... then yea. Also, if your asking if the tuners can mess with the counter, I was told my alex this needs to be fixed by ford and he cannot touch it. It must be part of the settings they can't mess with.
I guess that it is just as fully encrypted as the factory re-flash counter.

Was the Ford tech able to do the misfire counter re-calibration without doing a full, factory setting re-flash of the ECM? (In other words INDEPENDENT OF, and separate from a factory re-flash, or is the FULL re-flash a requirement? [dunno])

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #382
I guess that it is just as fully encrypted as the factory re-flash counter.

Was the Ford tech able to do the misfire counter re-calibration without doing a full, factory setting re-flash of the ECM? (In other words INDEPENDENT OF, and separate from a factory re-flash, or is the FULL re-flash a requirement? [dunno])
Yep, tech said first they need to verify sensor is positioned correctly (theres an alignment tool they use). If its not it won't even let them calibrate it. Once thats confirmed they hook up the computer and calibrate it, following the instructions on screen. He didn't have to uninstall the accessport or even have me go to a stock tune. He was able to do it independent of anything I had done to the car.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #384
Hey jdg, so I did a pull in 4th and well.... I'm beginning to think my clutch is slipping..... It's a spec 3+ clutch mounted to a fidanza aluminum flywheel.... I don't understand how it's work out at 3k miles... I don't ride the clutch... Is there anything else it could be? According to traction control I have traction through the pull, once I get to a certain rpm the rpms spike and I go nowhere.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey jdg, so I did a pull in 4th and well.... I'm beginning to think my clutch is slipping..... It's a spec 3+ clutch mounted to a fidanza aluminum flywheel.... I don't understand how it's work out at 3k miles... I don't ride the clutch... Is there anything else it could be? According to traction control I have traction through the pull, once I get to a certain rpm the rpms spike and I go nowhere.

Clutch is slipping then. Could be installation error? I’ve heard mixed things about spec clutches also.

You shouldn’t be spinning in 4th. You should have your traction control fully off when data logging as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #386
So I contacted spec and apparently I've maxed out their clutch.... 345 is the max wheel torque that clutch can handle.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I contacted spec and apparently I've maxed out their clutch.... 345 is the max wheel torque that clutch can handle.

How do you figure you are making 340wtq? What revision are you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #388
Revision 7. The only thing I got is the Dyno sheets that I posted and near me I don't have access to a real Dyno. I literally just got the cars misfires to stop and have had the car working fine for a total of 3 days before the clutch started slipping... I also contacted spec and that is what they had told me. Their 405 rating is for the crank the 345 is for the wheels. If the Dyno sheet is close to what I'm making then it's already over the limit for the clutch. But I've also contacted Ron and he says that he's got his car on the same clutch making 400 ft lbs of torque no problem but he also mentioned that he's had a lot of customers have problems with them because apparently the stage 1 and 2 are actually rated less than the stock fiesta clutch.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Revision 7. The only thing I got is the Dyno sheets that I posted and near me I don't have access to a real Dyno. I literally just got the cars misfires to stop and have had the car working fine for a total of 3 days before the clutch started slipping... I also contacted spec and that is what they had told me. Their 405 rating is for the crank the 345 is for the wheels. If the Dyno sheet is close to what I'm making then it's already over the limit for the clutch. But I've also contacted Ron and he says that he's got his car on the same clutch making 400 ft lbs of torque no problem but he also mentioned that he's had a lot of customers have problems with them because apparently the stage 1 and 2 are actually rated less than the stock fiesta clutch.

Spec is looking for plausible deniability. Those virtual dyno logs are useless if the clutch is slipping. I doubt you are over 300WTQ yet (especially if you are only tuning 93 octane).

I think either way, you may be tearing into the drivetrain again to either inspect the clutch/flywheel for installation error, or just replace. The flywheel may be playing a part, but really am unfamiliar with how the lower flywheel weight affects clutch function. I haven't seen many successful installs of the lightened flywheel on this forum..

There are a lot of variables and it will be really hard to pinpoint the issue without digging into the drivetrain. I find it hard to believe this is wheel spin though if it happens in 4th gear.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #391
Hey guys.... So I have a confession.... Some of you may have seen on another forum post but I um.... Installed my clutch backwards..

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #395
Hey guys so she's all put back together and I don't think I tightened the axles enough. Rotors and wheel are moving back and forth when jacked up and if I get under the car to look at it, the movement is coming from the axle itself. It's causing some damage to the rotor so I need to fix that before I drive. Clutch shifts great so far.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #396
Also, I wanna add, if any of you plan to do your clutch and never have done it with the engine in the car.... It is not a very easy thing to do. Don't do like me and try to complete it in 2 days... My fucking neck and back are killing me.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #397
Also, that cheap plastic ford uses to coat electrical stuff wore off of one of the wires coming from the solenoid and when I first started up the car was a pretty awesome light show of sparks. I should probably fix that too

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #398
Anybody had to remove and reinstall an axle but wanted to save the tranny fluid? Just refilled with ravenol and want to save it. I just don't know how I'll get it back in.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #399
After some more research I think I'm gonna go with a flex funnel. Didn't actually know those even existed haha. That would have made so many things easier.

Se7eN

Anybody had to remove and reinstall an axle but wanted to save the tranny fluid? Just refilled with ravenol and want to save it. I just don't know how I'll get it back in.

a funnel with a small exit a a silicone hose... maybe drain it onto a empty galon of water.